The Last Gods OOC - The Sword and Scale Trading Company

Question

First Post
Do you still want me to keep the PC, drop the template, or nerf it? There will only be one scale related PC if i do the middle option.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isn't there a +1 LA Draconic template in RotD? I seem to remember that it was well-balanced, so if you want to keep the whole cool dragon concept, you could see if you can switch to that.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Yeah I think there is Rystil. I don't own it myself but a mate does. I was browsing through it a week or so ago and seem to recall one.

Question

First Post
Not unless it offers a +1 level in sorcerer spellcasting. Losing even one level of spellcasting for something as tiny as a bit of nat armor or +2 to a few stats isnt worth it. Thats the problem with LA and spellcasting classes unfornately.

This is why i specifically wanted you to okay the template before we started with the sheet.

D20Dazza

Explorer
It's in the Dragonlance book Bront

Sorry Question, just didn't have the time to give it a good look. And, I was hoping you would rule it out yourself when you noted that you thought it might be a little over powered - I'm too affable sometimes :heh:

ByteRynn

First Post
Might I suggest using the minor or intermediate White Dragon Bloodline Trait from Unearthed Arcana?

Intermediate you "lose" a HD at level 6, but still get to add one level for the purposes of level dependant abilities, though you get no extra abilities, so you still get a +1 CL for your numerical effects, but not for spells/day or spells known. You would gain +2 on Hide checks, Alertness, Str+1, Cold Resistance 5, and White Dragon Affinity +2.

With a minor white dragon bloodline, by level 10, you will have lost no level. You would gain +2 on hide checks, and Alertness.

Remove ads