TSR The Lost City - Goodman Games Next Classic TSR Adventure Revisited

From their GenCon Livestream on Facebook, Goodman Games has announced the next of their Original Adventures Reincarnated will be 1982's The Lost City by Tom Moldvay. This follows the big hardcovers of Into the Borderlands, The Isle of Dread, and Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.

17084.jpg

The Lost City takes place within a massive pyramid in a city buried in the desert, and was originally a 32-page module. Goodman Games takes these old modules and presents the original plus a 5th Edition update and other materials in a big compiled hardcover.

Last edited by a moderator:

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
OH, over the years I've scanned through it and definitely got the B1 Search of the Unknown vibe. I've been writing adventures for decades, so I'm not worried about that. I'm curious to see how they handle it. I will say, I am not all that thrilled with how they are taking these classic modules and putting them in 400 page books though. That's just too much. Defeats the purpose of modules (short one shots).

Yeah, i’m wondering what’s the level expectancy for this adventure. I know that originally it was intended for 1-3, but with the extra content perhaps 1-5?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, i’m wondering what’s the level expectancy for this adventure. I know that originally it was intended for 1-3, but with the extra content perhaps 1-5?

The original is basically an invitation to start a megadungeon, so it would not surprise me if they took that up.

darjr

I crit!
In the video they do say they may add content to the lower level, but not change the actual creatures/encounters

darjr

I crit!
Something about adding a bit more of an optional plot. I think it was in context to the barrier peaks adventure, but I think it was in response to a question about the lost city one. For instance adding an optional mastermind to barrier peaks was along the lines of the options they are adding to the lost city to flesh out the story and make some semblance of a pre packaged story reason for the monsters in it.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
if you ever do run it... be prepared to put some work into the bottom levels. The top levels are fairly well done and detailed (particularly the city's human inhabitants). The lower levels are rather sparse on notes, and have a lot of 'random critters here and there, just chilling'...

There was a 3.xE-era Dragon article that provided a colour map of the lower levels and a few more details. I hope that's used as a source for this product, as well as the stuff from Elder Evils.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases