The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnZapp

Legend
Plus once again we see the Mandalorian be careless regarding the secrecy of baby Yoda. It is becoming a very tiresome and lazy plot device at this point.
What you seem to want is a show where baby Yoda spends episodes locked in a cupboard.

That Mando fails to keep baby Yoda away from the camera is the central premise of the show. I wouldn't expect that to change.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
What you seem to want is a show where baby Yoda spends episodes locked in a cupboard.

That Mando fails to keep baby Yoda away from the camera is the central premise of the show. I wouldn't expect that to change.

So, Mando isn't all that bright? I don't want that. There have to be other ways to let us see BY than him being stupid about it.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
I gasped when The Child got knocked around by the piloting antics...

My wife and I both gasped. I was sure they wouldn't let anything happen to him in such an underwhelming way but we both were internally screaming, "YOU BETTER NOT!" to Disney.

Least favorite part: twi'leks

What was wrong with the twi'leks?

I didn't have much issue with the twi'leks but my wife was really bothered by them hissing, though it didn't bother me at all. She was thinking that it didn't make sense for them to be so primal. I swear there's a scene somewhere of Bib Fortuna hissing but it doesn't feel completely out of character for the tooth-sharpening species. Them being underworld sorts, I didn't think their specific portrayal was too weird.

But I do get how they were just annoying as characters, if that was the issue. Severely unlikable as people.

That's also Natalia Tena as Xi'an, who played Tonks in Harry Potter and Osha in Game of Thrones.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
You appear to want the show to be in another genre than it is clearly aiming for.

No, I appear to want the lead character that it is supposed to be one of the best at his craft to, you know, show he could be. Your absoluteness on this topic is odd, frankly. that the only way to be this show, this genre, is to be exactly like it is.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
On the issue of the last episode and the exposure of baby Yoda:

The Mandalorian didn't expect his ship to be used -- he thought he could lock it and BY would be safe. That came at him cold, and he argued against it without trying to tip his hand (even saying the ship couldn't do the maneuver required). It was pretty clear pretty quickly that he had one way through and that was forward. He then tried to keep the others from seeing BY, going so far as to start a fight. Didn't work because writers.

On the twi'leks:

Yes, they were a bit over the top, but they had to be because they were new characters. Watch it a second time, though, and you'll see that a lot of the female Twi'lek's behavior was to put Mando off and hide the fact that a planned betrayal was coming. She was the distraction.

I don't want every episode to revolve around Mando completely ignoring the fact that a ton of bounty hunters are on the hunt for baby Yoda and have a way to track it. This keeps popping up every episode. He either shows baby Yoda to people he can't trust, or leaves him alone when he knows he cannot leave him alone. That is poor writing. And it is starting to get on my nerves. It makes the main character look incompetent.

Edit: I did like the growing horror aspect of the Madalorian hunting down the other Mercs. And the payoff of the New Republic playing cleanup for him.

After he had the whole ship locked down, why didn't he just leave? We see at the end that all of them are still alive, so what was even the point of having a one on one fight with each of them? He apparently didn't kill them. If he has control of every door and airlock on the ship, he can just lock them up and leave. Why didn't he do that?

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Maybe time to accept this show is an old-school episodic show? And start appreciating it for what it is? It will not be what y'all want it to be.

I like sparse Westerns. I like The Mandalorian.

This isn't disagreeing with you by the way.
I like old school episodic shows. What confuses me is the way they introduced baby Yoda and saved the guy that hires bounty hunters, as if there was going to be an overarching plot mixed into the episodes. Yet that hasn't happened at all.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
What was wrong with the twi'leks?

One of my favourite bits was when they were talking about Bill Burr's character.

"He's a former Imperial sharpshooter."

"That's not saying much."

"I wasn't a stormtrooper, jackass!"
What was wrong with them as that they were insane. People that insane and unpredictable end up getting themselves and their underworld allies dead or captured. Those "allies" would have put a blaster bolt into their heads years ago, assuming they made it past puberty without getting themselves jailed for life doing something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads