The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
What was Disney's rational for the delay?
I can only speculate, but I think they were trying to find a way to "lock in" their viewers, and keep them from cancelling their subscriptions after the first month. The majority of viewers will subscribe on the 1st of the month when the show becomes available, watch all the episodes over the next 1d6+1 days, and then unsubscribe. Apparently this is a problem?

However, this is my preferred means of consuming online streaming content. I'm only interested in paying $15-30 for the pleasure of watching one series that I want to watch. I have no interest at all in paying $15-30 each month, constantly, for tons of stuff I do not/will not watch.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, it's a terrible model and I can't believe they chose to handle it that way. Instead of building excitement and anticipation among non-subscribers, they chose to build resentment and spite.

We aren't going to do anything illegal either, we will wait for the "new" to wear off and all episodes are available to watch, and then we might subscribe for a month. (We are equally likely to spend a weekend at our subscriber friend's house and watch it there.) If that isn't possible, we will probably give it a miss.
No, I mean how many of us don’t get Disney+ until March 2020, months after The Mandalorian has ended and been well and truly spoiled.

RobShanti

Explorer
Other things that struck me on the first watch:
  • the nod to E.T. with the finger-touch at the end of Chapter 1
  • the nod to Rocky & Sergio Leone with the soundtrack
  • the nod to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with the sandcrawler scraping the mountainside

Ahoy, maties! 🏴‍☠️

Zardnaar

Legend
Launch day in NZ.

IMG_20191119_143437.jpg

The menu system is quite good, might be due to lack of content though.

Anyway damn the Mandalorian is good. It's not great early days yet but they're building up to something.

Think I'll get around to the MCU movies and maybe a Simpsons binge watch. Probably keep it for two months, will run out if stuff to watch by then.

ccs

41st lv DM
Launch day in NZ.

View attachment 115922

The menu system is quite good, might be due to lack of content though.

Anyway damn the Mandalorian is good. It's not great early days yet but they're building up to something.

Think I'll get around to the MCU movies and maybe a Simpsons binge watch. Probably keep it for two months, will run out if stuff to watch by then.

Lack of content???

I don't think you'll be able to binge all of the Simpsons in a mere two months + work + sleep + game....

ccs

41st lv DM
I can only speculate, but I think they were trying to find a way to "lock in" their viewers, and keep them from cancelling their subscriptions after the first month. The majority of viewers will subscribe on the 1st of the month when the show becomes available, watch all the episodes over the next 1d6+1 days, and then unsubscribe. Apparently this is a problem?

That doesn't explain, or even come close to making sense, concerning launching the service in Nov here in the USA & then 4 months later in the UK.

Nor would that stop someone here in the US from signing up in Jan, watching all of Mandolorian S1 in about two evenings+ whatever else over the next few weeks, & canceling prior to Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases