• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

renau1g

First Post
It is not in the skill list I see a flaw, but the fact that in 4e edition you are either train or not in a skill. You can use some of your precious feat to play with it, but you have less flexibility on your skill modifier than the 3e.

For the skill list, I also thought, there was some skill that was mostly useless or that should be regroup. I liked what Mutant and Mastermind did.

I would have preferred something in between the two edition I think.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I do prefer that from Pathfinder, you can train in a non-class skill but you get a +3 bump if it's your class skill.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
For the record, I didn't say it was inferior...those are Dewar's words. :) I just noted that it takes me far longer to build a character at this point than it takes me to throw together a 3E PC.

Actually if you look, he did say that.

I know, I know...I had to get my inferior 4E PC done for Insight's game. And I hate to say it, but (at least for me) 4E characters are much harder and confusing to build than a 3E character. Maybe it is just lack of experience, but boy are they time consuming.

yet ANOTHER reason why 4e is such an inferiour game system.

Remove ads