• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mist and the Moon

garyh

First Post
OOC: Jarsan will take point, I suppose.

"This... this speaks of trouble," Jarsan comments. "No natural beast would do this thing."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OOC:ARG!! My connection was Ok yesterday, but it wouldn't let me get on ENWorld at all :(

"Aye, P'raps the folk in yon village might enlighten us as to this mystery.Besides, I think I smell pie...apple if I'm not mistaken."

Froederick nudges Brit into a slow walk, humming to himself, then with a laugh,

'Four men were strange gathered,
and one pony hardly lathered,
on a hill in the Febtain morning,
afore them- one dead goat,
in a field empty of oat,
My,My Brit, what a curious thing.'

The sound of Britengriseling's snorts of derision
and Froederick's reply "Well of course it's oats, but goat and oats? Pah! Besides, did I ask you, you Jack-a-Ninny?" fades as the pair canters down the hill to the village.

Mythmere

First Post
OOC - Five days without internet. Router problem.

The party arrives in the village of Banlorne. It is a tiny place (you estimate maybe 30 farms), but there is an inn, the Badger's Bell.

Mythmere

First Post
The Badger’s Bell is a sagging, three-story building of half-timber (Tudor) construction in the approximate middle of the scattering of farms that comprise the village of Banlorne. As you make your way along the winding dirt road to the inn itself, window shutters close and doors slam in the farmhouses along the way. There is an atmosphere of dread hanging heavily over this place, and it becomes quite apparent when you open the door of the inn. Unlike most large inns, which are built around a courtyard, the Badger’s Bell is simply a large, rectangular building; the front door opens directly into the common room. When the door opens to reveal the four of you, strangers to the village, the ten or twelve farmers inside leap to their feet, snatching up pitchforks and staffs that were already near to hand. They glare at you, obviously ready to attack at a single provocation.

Chonicler

First Post
Xes carefully places his quarterstaff on the ground.

"Be at ease, good farmers. On the few occasions I've ventured into town, I'm not usually greeted with weapons, but clearly you must have a cause for it. We, however, have done nothing to stir such anger - but perhaps you would be willing to tell us what would? That was our intent when we arrived - we were wandering through the woods together when we came upon a ridge up yonder and saw a mauled goat across the trail leading to your village. We, being a well-armed (and Xes does his best to put no emphasis on well-armed) group of adventurers, thought that perhaps you fellows could use our help."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
'Aye, good Folk. It is as my companion spoke.
The only thing I am a danger to at this moment in the morn is perhaps a side of bacon and a half dozen eggs. Oh, and Pie, if ye've got it.
We are no bandits, my good people of Banlorne, we do have coin."
Froederick pulls a shiny gold coin from his pouch and flicks it to the top of the nearest table-top.

"Is there a stable hand about? My Steed could use a good currying as well, and I'll pay good silver to an able lad what knows his craft."

Mythmere

First Post
Some shamefaced, others still suspicious, the farmers put their weapons aside. Two men step to the fore. One is a portly man with straight, shoulder-length gray hair and a goatee, wearing a fancy green doublet with a blue cloak. He has a wicked scar on his left cheek. The other is a short, solid fellow with a bushy yellow beard and hair worn long to the waist. He wears a brown cloak, brown vest and a disreputable brown floppy hat. He is smoking a long-stemmed clay pipe. The portly man introduces both of them. “I’m Redfingered Deevid, the Marshall of Banlorne, and this is Big Seamus of Kellbottom Heath, our sherriff. Excuse our skittishness, but we’ve a problem hereabouts.” He looks at your armor and weapons. “Actually, you might be able to help us.” Just as he seems about to say more, an imperious woman in her early forties, wearing an embroidered vest and trousers tucked into soft leather boots bustles in front of him. “Mind your manners, Deevid. It’s a long journey these four have had. Just look at the dust on them, would you not? Let them have a tankard and some bread with honey before you start at them.” She turns to you, and bobs a quick curtsey. “I’m Kairen Blueshayle, innkeeper of the Badger’s Bell. What will you have?”

the Jester

Legend
With the temptation of food Millathos quickly steps forward..."Millathos, at your service milady, I could relieve you of a tankard or two and perhaps some of your fine cooking...if you wish;) "

edit/OOC:: Jester used my computer to log on and I didn't know I was logged ...this is really GoldenEagle...Sorry Jester and everyone!:eek:

Last edited:

Remove ads