• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

I suggest that gamers see this cheaply on the large screen at matinee or in second run. It's okay, I suppose, but a bit forced in the acting and plotting. However, I do not think a gamer should miss the special effects used and to truly appreciate them, I always feel the big screen is the way to go.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Saw TMTotDE yesterday. It does lurch a bit at the beginning, but it is superior all around to the the second movie, which was largely a mess that repeated much of the first's plot and premises without capturing any of the quality.

frankthedm

First Post
Agree on the cheap theater consensus. Agree on the plot feeling forced.

Jet Li did have a really convincing lecherous gleam.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I cringed every time the son came on screen.

He was going for "roguishly charming" but wound up landing on "annoying jerk" and never left.

Brad

He should have kept the thick British accent he had when he was a kid. I suppose he lost it traveling the world with all of those British archeologists and picked up the American accent from the father from whom he was estranged and with whom he rarely ever communicated. ;)

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Huh, guess I wasn't the only one that didn't like Alex much. Heck, I thought I was going to hate the new Evie more, but while I missed the old actress, I still found her to be better than the kid.

But I still found it enjoyable to go to. Considering that it's the third in a trilogy, I didn't think it was bad.

Remove ads