The official EN World puppy/doggo thread

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Our grrrl was diagnosed with a sarcoma early last week, and had surgery a few days later. Her lab work came back about as good as possible, and as of her followup in Friday, her recovery is proceeding well. She’s due to have her stitches removed this coming Tuesday.

Instead of a Cone of Shame, they sent her home in a white toddler t-shirt to keep her from scratching the surgical site. Mom thought she looked cute, but not girly enough, so we’ve made TWO trips to the store to get her something cuter. Pix in the gallery below:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm glad that seems to be working out, Danny. We lost our old boy Eric to cancer, as it can sometimes move really fast in dogs, especially bigger dogs.
She’s had several health scares in her decade, MOSTLY due to her own actions. She‘s really bad about rules like “Don’t eat cardboard boxes.” Etc. It’s surprising that the vet clinic doesn’t have a suite named after her with a brass nameplate.

Thomas Shey

Legend
She’s had several health scares in her decade, MOSTLY due to her own actions. She‘s really bad about rules like “Don’t eat cardboard boxes.” Etc. It’s surprising that the vet clinic doesn’t have a suite named after her with a brass nameplate.

I know the feeling. Back when she had Belle, she had a talent for doing things that weren't exactly in her best interest. I mean, dogs in general aren't good about that, but she seemed to have a particular talent.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Our grrrl was diagnosed with a sarcoma early last week, and had surgery a few days later. Her lab work came back about as good as possible, and as of her followup in Friday, her recovery is proceeding well. She’s due to have her stitches removed this coming Tuesday.

Instead of a Cone of Shame, they sent her home in a white toddler t-shirt to keep her from scratching the surgical site. Mom thought she looked cute, but not girly enough, so we’ve made TWO trips to the store to get her something cuter. Pix in the gallery below:

Best wishes for you and your pup!

I know how much I love my dogs and it’s difficult when our pets are sick.

Best of luck!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Our Grrrl is not the smartest border collie we’ve ever had, but that doesn’t make her stupid. She still figures out things we don’t want her to, like when she taught herself how to open step trash cans. We had to buy taller ones so she couldn’t actually get to the stuff she was searching for.

Well, she has a new trick.

Mom had $100 in 20s in a purse that has magnetic snaps and a zippered compartment. Well, “Miss Nibbles” opened the compartment where the money was and trimmed the bills a bit- I had to get them replaced at the bank.

Mom can’t remember where she was keeping the money, but is sure the purse was completely closed. I’m not surprised she could lever open a magnetic closure with some determined effort, but I’ve never seen a dog manipulate a zipper.

Oddly, she also removed but did not nosh upon any of the smaller dollar bill denominations.

Zardnaar

Legend
Luna the "working dog". By working I mean getting spoilt by the office staff.

IMG-ae63c76fc0c75b7527e172a114877570-V.jpg

Gotta wear hi vis by law so the dog got some.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Our Grrrl is not the smartest border collie we’ve ever had, but that doesn’t make her stupid.

A dumb border collie is probably smarter than 90% of the dogs you'll ever see. You probably need to fish in the pond of other herders and maybe a few guard breeds to even overlap meaningfully.

She still figures out things we don’t want her to, like when she taught herself how to open step trash cans. We had to buy taller ones so she couldn’t actually get to the stuff she was searching for.

Well, she has a new trick.

Mom had $100 in 20s in a purse that has magnetic snaps and a zippered compartment. Well, “Miss Nibbles” opened the compartment where the money was and trimmed the bills a bit- I had to get them replaced at the bank.

Mom can’t remember where she was keeping the money, but is sure the purse was completely closed. I’m not surprised she could lever open a magnetic closure with some determined effort, but I’ve never seen a dog manipulate a zipper.

Oddly, she also removed but did not nosh upon any of the smaller dollar bill denominations.

There's a video of a Belgian Malinois in a dog enclosure who climbs up the wire fence around it (and keep in mind we're talking a ten foot high enclosure, slips through the fairly tight open space at the top (requiring some contortions), drops down and then goes over and works the latch from the outside to let his buddy out.

The problem solving abilities of some dogs is, honestly, kind of appalling.

Remove ads