The official EN World puppy/doggo thread

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Many years ago, we had a border collie so smart, she figured out how to throw things down stairs so she could play catch/fetch without moving too far. She could even do that with rope bones, sending them down end over end like a slinky.

Tonight, C. Merle came up with her own version of throwing things down for entertainment purposes.

I was sitting on the floor in the master suite, back against the bed, folding the family laundry, when Dad brought the dogs in from a romp in the yard, C. Merle, squeaky snowman toy in jaws, jumped on the bed to chill. She settled in right behind me. Then she bopped me on the head with a paw, following that with dropping the snowman over my shoulder into my lap. I flipped it back over my head, and I could tell she caught it.

She then smacked me in the cheek with the wet end and again, released it over my shoulder into my lap. I threw it again. She plopped it back on me from above and behind, sometimes with a paw whack to my head or shoulders, sometimes without. Once with an ear slurp.

In fact, this game entertained her for a good ten minutes or so, significantly slowing my towel folding, only ending the game when Dad called the dogs to dinner.

Not to be out-cuted, later tonight, J. Merle decided to rear up for some serious hugging after I had MY dinner. She hasn’t done that in months,

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cone and protective vest, waiting for the vet (again!) The vest is to stop him scratching where he had the snip; the cone is to stop him chewing it...

43A978B0-DF39-4FC0-BDFD-028ADB62675E.jpeg

Remove ads