The official EN World puppy/doggo thread

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My Barber was telling me the other day that his bulldog destroyed all the plastic parts of his handgun.

(Thankfully, the Gun wasn’t loaded at the time...)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hudson on his throne!

84972269_10158104615728707_6473600117004828672_n.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The old dog invented a new game tonight; don’t know what to call it.

She started by standing on or near one toy about 7’ from me, and when I told her to bring it, she’d just start barking and wagging until she’d swat it or pick it up. But she wouldn’t bring it more than a couple inches in my direction. Then she’d bark some more.

Inevitably, as the barking continued, I’d call ger over to calm her. She would come when called, quietly smiling & wagging...sans toy. As soon as she’d get to me, I’d give her a quick ear scratch and send her after another (identical) toy on the other side of the room.

She’d gleefully trot over, stand on or near the toy, and begin barking at me again.

This pattern continued for @15 minutes, with the dog tracking a V back and forth between the toys and my position, always smiling & wagging...never bringing me a toy.

Eventually, she picked up the first one and laid down about 3’ from me, facing the other way, to nibble upon & cuddle with her toy.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In a way, I exist because of a dog. My Mom’s very Lassie-like collie, Darren, to be precise.

In their teens, my parents lived 1 house and 1 street apart, so they knew each other tangentially from around the neighborhood. Dad’s little sister went to check my Mom out to see if she and Dad should actually meet. They did, and the rest is history.

Darren’s part? He LOVED Dad. Every time Dad walked by or my folks’ paths crossed in the streets, Darren raised a joyous ruckus, a unique vocalization. He was part matchmaker, part proximity alert, part chaperone. No other guy my Mom dated got Darren’s seal of approval.

Smart dog, excellent taste.

FWIW, Dad’s still got that “animal magnetism”. Mom has had 1-3 border collies as pets since she became aware of them in 1986, and Dad’s been the #1 family member for all of them. Yeah, he feeds them most often, but I get that duty as well. And I’m the primary dog walker and fun time person.

But Dad remains first in their hearts.

Remove ads