The official EN World puppy/doggo thread

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
For people not familiar with puppy zoomies... imagine this for an hour every evening, no pause. They grow out of it eventually. Eventually.

3 years on an my Mastiff will still do this from time to time. Its fun to watch in the yard while sitting and having a drink. Less so in the crowded house.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
C. Merle does that in our yard, running from the alley on the north side to the one on the south, with occasional stops at the western gate. It usually happens because kids are coming home from school or people are walking their dogs, but sometimes, we can find no obvious evidence of a reason.

Usually, J. Merle just watches the show.

Dog gotta run when a dog gotta run.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A friend of ours gave us a Holee Roller dog toy when we brought C. Merle home as a puppy. While we have some small ones for indoor play, the soccer ball sized ones have gone on to become our grrrrrrls’ favorite outdoor toy.

Wooves and their natural prey...
2uPulol.jpg

jMUaV7l.jpg

We have since gone on to pay it forward by giving a different friend a Holee Roller for his standard poodle pup. Here’s a vid he took after Steve had been playing with it for 20 minutes already:

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
505F5C53-DA09-4447-AE30-C4EE1F0066E3.jpeg
747FFA64-86E4-46FF-A4C1-35A14880A247.jpeg
FAE3C904-0DD8-4235-938B-BD42A7285905.jpeg

Frederick “Fred” Reginald Perceval Charles [redacted][redacted] III, is our very excellent boy.
He joined our house after our friend found him hiding from the sun in his side yard, as a 4 month old puppy. As clean and healthy as he was, it was a bit of a surprise when we could not find any owner after a month of trying, so he became our doggo.
I wasn’t a dog person before, but now I am.
Fred is a great car ride dog, a “heckin zoomer” (seriously he is fast as hell for a short legged dog), and a smart little bugger.

Other than part corgis, we’ve no idea what he is, though.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Part corgi, all cute!

He could be part beagle. Our former neighbor used to have a blonde beagle who was a real “poochdini”. He’d run all over the neighborhood...in the opposite direction of his owners’ calls.

Not out of fear- he wanted to be chased, :D

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
DD2019B5-19AC-44D7-AF39-35A11D5DC753.jpeg

My personal favorite picture of C. Merle, with “snowman”, a toy she treated like a woobie. She’s @1y.o. there, and that squeaky snowman has long since been destroyed.p in a tug-o-war with J. Merle.

But there has been a steady stream of replacements of similar style, all of which she treats like the first.

Remove ads