The official EN World puppy/doggo thread

FitzTheRuke

Legend
20200127_105021.jpg

This is Sophie. She's 8. Sweetest girl I've ever known.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The prednisone seems to have caused a little incontinence. She’s peeing almost as fast as she’s drinking. Hope she won’t be on this high a dose for too long.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The prednisone seems to have caused a little incontinence. She’s peeing almost as fast as she’s drinking. Hope she won’t be on this high a dose for too long.

My understanding is that for ITP they start with a high dose to get the immune system under control, and can usually use a lower dose for maintenance. Hopefully, that'll work for your pooch.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah. We had a previous dog who needed a high dose of prednisone for a while, and went through the same thing.

She’s soooo embarrassed.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Update: had a followup with her regular vet today. Her platelet count is still low, but trending in the right direction. She’s going to be on prednisone for at least one more week.

Thankfully, they’re giving here a little spa day to clean her up a bit.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tonight, she beat her older compadre to the bottom of her dinner bowl. Considering that she only nibbled on last night’s dinner, I’m truly encouraged.

In addition, I went shopping for food for her special diet tonight. Until she’s cleared by the vet, she can only have low fat meats with plain white rice. They had been feeding her boiled chicken breas at the pet hospital, but we didn’t have chicken. And the low fat canned dog food the gave us asa stopgap was- until tonight- being greeted with great disinterest.

Despite the meat department being pretty well stocked, there were NO unseasoned chicken breasts to be had, just thighs and wings.

But 30’ away from the chicken was a freaking pyramid of turkeys. For 65¢/lb. it’s not chicken, but it’s close enough, right? Bought one and steamed it with my usual technique, but unseasoned. Tonight, I’ll take all the meat off the bone and make my grrrls tails wag for the forseeable future.

Here’s what it looked like, hot from the oven.

AVOZqB7.jpg

Remove ads