• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Old School: AD&D 1e

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Certainly, gentlemen!" Charles responds, "For a gold, the whole upstairs room is available to all of you for the night, complete with bath and breakfast. Safest place in town, it is."

The room upstairs is room enough for six. The party goes through what has been found:

• An ivory scrollcase containing a magical scroll
  • A sack containing 250 pp, 50 ep, and a bloodstone, found on the miners
  • An ancient suit of splint armor, dyed blue
  • An old blue velvet armband with golden highlights and a lightning motif
  • A blue quartz and a sapphire
  • 2 coffer-sized boxes
Today they have defeated:
  • 4 skeleton miners
  • 2 zombie miners
  • a nest of rot grubs
  • 6 giant rats
  • a carrion crawler

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Hmph! Quite a haul," the Sarge said while stroking his beard. After a moment he reaches forward and takes a closer look at the gemstones and armband, trying to ascertain their worth. He also checks the armband and suit of armor to try to see if he knows anything about their history or markings.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
After documenting the details of all the items, Austin watches Sarge put his appraising eye to work, admiring the dwarvin knowledge be put to worth.

ghostcat

First Post
As the party approaches the entrance, Lidia runs outside into the sunshine. She doesn't quite kneel down and kiss the ground but her body language indicates that she wants to. Instead she spreads her arms and twirls on the spot.

Once they are ensconced in a room and examining the treasure, Lidia says "I can check them for magic but you will have to wait until the morning."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I don't mind waiting for the morning. It gives us the opportunity to kick back and enjoy a stiff drink, good meal, and warm bed tonight." The Sarge grinned happily.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The dwarves set to work examining the stones.

The bloodstone is of good quality and can be sold for 50gp. The two blue stones are quite different; the first is a piece of blue quartz, a mere 10gp. The second, however, is a high-quality sapphire, and would fetch around 1,000 gp on the market.

Looking over the remaining items, the scroll case carried by your unfortunate classmate is carved from ivory, and was in fine condition; it could be sold for 60gp itself.

The armband has held up exceptionally well, for having been buried for a few thousand years. The velvet pile is still in excellent condition, and gold thread has been sewn along it in a lightning pattern. Of particular interest is that the lightning emanates from two settings, where a gem might lie. Sarge and Brim can confirm that the sapphire and quartz fit perfectly into the settings, and the fully restored armband with stones attached could probably be sold for an additional 500gp than the stones alone.

The blue coloring and lightning motifs, though, indicate that the armor and armband are old items from someone representing The Beloved, a deity dedicated to fertility, beauty, youth, and freedom. In fact, once restored, the armband could be used as a holy symbol to The Beloved.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"Well Turthain, why don't we have a look at this scroll?" Amirad gently eases open the case.

"My guess is, given the person who was carrying it, that it is magical."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
GM: Let me know what you want to do now. The two boxes have yet to be opened, and Detect Magic has not been cast. Does anyone want to do anything else with the equipment, or would you rather sleep first?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads