Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Knight class name / Paladin, Warden, Blackguard sub-classes

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 13 19.4%

Gorgoroth

Banned
Banned
I vote lemon curry. If I had it my way they would split the classes off so more thematic abilities and spells could be assigned to the blackguard and warden. Especially the warden. Wardens in full plate seem weird to me as do blackguards that inspire bravery in their comrades.

I see wardens as cops, but not as nature-y as in 4e (though I agree they are very defender-esque, even the name itself). But if Sir Gawain and Sir Lancelot can traipse around on their horses in plate armor, I don't see why a warden, protector of the countryside and indifferent to good and evil but valuing his oath wouldn't benefit from wearing plate armor if he could get it. I think such classes should take a week of using their armor to "unlock" proficiency, even that's low but in adventuring terms it could mean several days. Anyway, that's a good house rule maybe.

Blackguards should inspire bravery out of fear, much like Dark Vader. The average Roman soldier was more afraid of the wrath of his commanding officer than the barbarian horde he was fighting against. You can go up against any odds when the downside is a painful, certain death if you fail or chicken out.

Last edited:

Remove ads