D&D 5E The Printers Can't Handle WotC's One D&D Print Runs!

"Our print runs are pretty darn big" says Jeremy Crawford

15692108293125663812.jpeg

One of the reasons why the three new core rulebooks next year will not be released together is because D&D is such a juggernaut that the printers can't actually handle the size of the print runs!

Jeremy Crawford told Polygon "Our print runs are pretty darn big and printers are telling us you can’t give us these three books at the same time.” And Chris Perkins added that "The print runs we’re talking about are massive. That’s been not only true of the core books, but also Tasha’s Cauldron. It’s what we call a high-end problem."

Von Ether

Legend
No surprise. Even tiny publishers are having printer issues. It's been a big change from the days printers could be very accommodating to "Thanks for the advance, we'll let you know when we get around to printing your project."

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast

One of the reasons why the three new core rulebooks next year will not be released together is because D&D is such a juggernaut that the printers can't actually handle the size of the print runs!

Jeremy Crawford told Polygon "Our print runs are pretty darn big and printers are telling us you can’t give us these three books at the same time.” And Chris Perkins added that "The print runs we’re talking about are massive. That’s been not only true of the core books, but also Tasha’s Cauldron. It’s what we call a high-end problem."
Are they just flexing how big and important they are here? What's the purpose of this message?

codo

Hero
Are they just flexing how big and important they are here? What's the purpose of this message?
To let players know why they aren't releasing all 3 core books at once. It's just communicating the details of their release schedule.

WOTC really can't win here can they? Give players details about there release schedule? WotC is just flexing to make themselves look good. Don't give players details? WotC is lying to us and attempting to hide their sinister plans.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
To let players know why they aren't releasing all 3 core books at once. It's just communicating the details of their release schedule.

WOTC really can't win here can they? Give players details about there release schedule? WotC is just flexing to make themselves look good. Don't give players details? WotC is lying to us and attempting to hide their sinister plans.
No, to be honest I don't think they can win. Too many misteps at this point, though it might be a while yet before it affects what the corporation cares about the most.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Wait: are you telling me they AREN'T gonna do a three book set for the 50th anniversary of Dungeons and Dragons for the new core set next year?
Yeah, they confirmed some time ago that those would come later, because they don't have the print infrastructure for all three at once. There will be a gift set eventually.

mamba

Legend
No, to be honest I don't think they can win. Too many misteps at this point, though it might be a while yet before it affects what the corporation cares about the most.
I don't know, I have gotten pretty numb to the constant criticism, much like commercials it has no actual impact on my purchasing decisions

With commercials I could not tell you what any of the last 10 I saw were or when that was. With criticism I have a pretty good idea that it was today and by you or one of maybe five other guys :D

Remove ads

Remove ads