• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The REAL Race Elimination ROUND 3!!!

What is your Least Favourite Race?

• Dwarf

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Eladrin

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Elf

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Half-elf

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Halfling

• Human

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Tiefling

• Deva

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Gnome

• Goliath

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Half-orc

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Longtooth Shifter

• Razorclaw Shifter

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Changeling

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Genasi

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Githyanki

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Githzerai

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Gnoll

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Hobgoblin

• Goblin

• Kobold

• Minotaur

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Orc

• Poll closed .

fireinthedust

Explorer
ROUND THREE!!!

Last round the good people of ENworld eradicated Kalashtar, Dragonborn, Duergar and Kenku, Bugbears and Warforged.

RULES: the same as the last time. Vote for who you want kicked off the island, and PLEASE POST COMMENTARY ON YOUR VOTE! I started these threads to hear some racial slurs (if you will), some jive talk!

The top 6 voted races get slammed out of the contest!

EDIT: let's see if I can post the poll. Stupid forum won't let me have some tea first!

fireinthedust

Explorer
woo woo!

I voted human: they're over-used. I mean, if you watch a TV show it'll probably be about humans, or have some humans in it; one of them will meet a girl, fall in love with girl, lose girl, then get girl back. Or the maltese falcon, one of the two. booooring cliché. Away!

Next on my list is Dwarves.

Davachido

Explorer
The cow people are still here, I say we turn them to mince burgers this round.

I personally just find them a big muscle guy with an axe (#31945), and everytime I see a PC use one, its always the same build/style of play gets kinda boring.

Mengu

First Post
There is only one race left that's on my boot list. In the hands of an abusive player, a Changeling character can seriously ruin a campaign. I really dislike at-will shape changing since a DM has to start taking specific precautions against them as a campaign requirement. For a combat heavy campaign probably not a big deal, but when the DM has some intricate plot lines involving lots of NPC's they are a deal breaker.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I've never seen the appeal of Gith, so I am crusading against Githyanki and Githzerai this time around. I suppose they are the obligatory extra-planar races.

Plus, they look funny.

Minotaurs? They are classic! Cast them as Greek Sailor/Warriors and get them back to their Mediterranean roots!

lukelightning

First Post
I've never seen the appeal of Gith, so I am crusading against Githyanki and Githzerai this time around. I suppose they are the obligatory extra-planar races.

Plus, they look funny.

I like them as mysterious people from beyond, but I guess they are the new drow.

Drow used to be a race that didn't even have a write-up, just a brief mention in the elf entry in the Monster Manual that described them as "rumored" and "legendary".

Then they showed up in the D module series. That was cool; a refreshing change from more orcs and goblins, and hooray, we're finally battling this sinister, secret, legendary evil.

Then they became the most popular villain... it seemed that every dungeon had an enclave of drow that were pulling the strings. Dragon lair? Surprise, the dragon is enchanted by the drow. Orc bandits? Surprise, the orcs are working for the drow. River Rat thieves' guild? Run by drow. Door-to-door hairbrush sales? Run by the drow.

Then, as we all know, Driz'zt happened (or is it Drizz't? D'r'i'z'z't?), and they became a popular PC race.

The same thing is happening with the gith. Were I wiser, I would realize that one cannot fight the forces of popularity, but In My Campaign they are true to their roots: remote and legendary, not tavern-hopping PCs.

Note: I can see perfectly good reasons to have giths, minotaurs, etc. as PC races in the right campaign (Spelljammer, or set in the Underdark, or especially your own homebrew campaign). Obviously, choosing a set of non-traditional PC races to be the standard in your campaign can be an effective way at making the game fun. But for classic D&D I guess I am a bit of a grognard.

Last edited:

Remove ads