• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Red Hand of Doom!!

hero4hire

Explorer

Round One Results
21-Virishal Cast Protection from Energy (Acid) on Kirrg. Move to T31
19-Ozyrrandion Flies uses Breath weapon for 25 acid continues to move to v-w 29-30
17-Hobgoblin Veterans I-IV retrieve weaponry, V and VI hold action, VII and VIII attack Virishal is hit for 7 points.
14-Jonathan full attack with Bow on Hound I for 10 damage
9-Duroin move to R35 sneak attack Hound I for 17 damage killing it (no cover possible concealment from scrub-brush)
9-Kirrg Tries to maneuver off map, climb check for difficult sloped terrain fails. Casts Produce flame.
8-Hell Hounds Hell Hound II Double Moves to O-21
4-Hobgoblin Sergeant retrieves weaponry

bridgeroundtwo.jpg

Summary
Virishal 7 damage, prot acid 47
Kirrg prot acid 72, produce flame 60 rounds
Jonathan DDP 0 damage 25

"Damn," Virashil exclaims as the dragons head turns towards them,"It has heard me."

Before the group splinters, she turns to the large half-orc and bestows upon him the same warding against corrosives as she just placed upon herself.

Just in time too as the dragon leaps off his lofty perch and flies forward. In mid-air he banks until he is flying parallel to the line of foliage as he nears the heroes he exhales a noxious green acidic mist that not only decimates all the foilage it touches but the caustic vapor burns the skin of the hapless heroes. Virishal however is protected by the Elf’s magical ward., and Kirrg was safely just out of the vapor. Duroin managed to use the available foliage and evade any damage. Jonathan however takes the full brunt of the acid. The dragon continues the fly past the heroes and turns towards the right foremost tower,

The trained sentries let loose arrows. However the ones to the rear find they currently do not have clear shots. One hits shaft hits Virishal the other bounces off Jonathan’s armor.

Jonathan returns fire opting to attack a hound as the sentries were protected by cover. He hits twice causing a yalp of pain from the hound. "Take cover and spread out", he whispers.

Duroin moves along the edge of what is left of the scrub and brush and finishes the hound off with an arrow of his own.

Kirrg attempts to move backwards but finds not only is the deeper scrub-brush catch onto his clothing and skin but it is a deep slope upward. Backing up was near impossible. However calling upon the fiery spirits of his ancestors his hands were now aflame.

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC:
Combat Notes
*Hobbies in towers due have cover. Also take into account they are 40 feet up.
*Squares 35 do provide concealment from tall grass and scrub brush vs ranged save for T, U and V which are razed by acid.
*Any movement off map on south end (besides the road) requires 15' of movement per square and a climb check.
*Dragon is currently 15' off ground and threatens Virishal with reach.
*Yes the Dragon did fly/breathe/and fly some more . :)

Rhun

First Post
Relieved to have avoided being injured by the dragon's corrosive breath, the dwarf continues on, knowing that the bridge needs to be covered to prevent the group from being overran. Though concerned about Vira's proximity to the dragon, Duroin figured she was wily enough to get herself out of trouble. As he continues on toward the west tower, the dwarf again launches an arrow, this one toward the charging hell hound.

Move to N35, remaining in the grass and shrubs
Dodge against archer in west tower.
Attack +9, damage 1d8+2(x3)
Arrows remaining: 58/60

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil, Sorcerer 6, Hp: 18/25

Virashil says a quick thanks to Bahamut for the insight to ward herself against the foul acidic breath of the large dragon before her.

She then realizes the gravity of the situation, being an unarmored elf standing before the great dragon.

She manages to move back a few steps while avoiding the dragons teeth and quickly intones a few words of draconic, causing her disappear from view.

OOC:

Take 5' step to S32 and cast Invisibility.

Spells left for the day: 6/6/5/2

Spells Active:

Invisibility: 60 rounds
Mage Armor: 1 hr left
Protection from Energy: 47 damage remaining

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Sir Jonathan 33/65 hp 0/10 ddp

Action before thought granted

Sir Jonathan draws a potion from his belt and drinks it's contents, at the same time switching his focus to the horde that will come.

Draw and drink potion of haste(unless dragon closes to melee, then I will attempt a jump check, drawing my short sword during the jump and a mountain hammer, furious counterstrike bonuses applying if needed. Vertical reach is 8 ft, so I only would need a jump check to reach a vertical distance of 2 feet(doubled because of no running start) so a 16 jump check)Switch stance to Pearl of Black Doubt. I'll use an immediate action at the first missle weapon that comes my way, unless another reflex save is in the works then I'll use action before thought. AC 19/ 24 vs first ranged attack.

ethandrew

First Post
AC: 18; HP: 50/50

Kirrg considers moving up the large incline behind him, but thinks otherwise. Instead he moves along the line of shrubs, and launches a fistfull of fire at one of the archers above, but he was never the best at aiming and it shows now.

5' Step to X35, ranged touch attack of 5, which is a total miss. 50 rounds or 5 fireflingers left.

hero4hire

Explorer
s@squ@tch said:
OOC:

Activate wand of invisibility, move to O33. Luckily total concealment does not allow AoO's from the damn dragon.

If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon (or in this case a wand) as a free action combined with a regular move.

That means you can draw it on the move (therefor provoking an AoO) as a free action and then activate as your standard or draw it and use it and not move.

I will let you decide which (or do something different) before I update.

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: I am assuming that the dragon is threatening AoO's with his bite only (15' off ground, 5 ' away -- means there is about 10' between him and Virashil at the moment -- claws and wings and tail slap are only 5' reach on size L dragons.

He will pretty much auto-hit Virashil with any attack he makes. :(

Also, too bad he is 1) a dragon, and 2) has at least 2x as many HD as I do, since my draconic presence won't bother him in the least.

:( :(

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
EvolutionKB said:
Draw and drink potion of haste(unless dragon closes to melee, then I will attempt a jump check, drawing my short sword during the jump and a mountain hammer, furious counterstrike bonuses applying if needed. Vertical reach is 8 ft, so I only would need a jump check to reach a vertical distance of 2 feet(doubled because of no running start) so a 16 jump check)Switch stance to Pearl of Black Doubt. I'll use an immediate action at the first missle weapon that comes my way, unless another reflex save is in the works then I'll use action before thought. AC 19/ 24 vs first ranged attack.

Okay you want to:
Drop Bow (free action)
Draw a Potion (retrieve a stored item; move action)
Drink Potion (standard action)
Jump (move action)
Draw a weapon (free action as part of your jump action)
Use Mountain Hammer (standard action)
Switch Stance (swift action)
and possibly use and an Immediate Action.

How many rounds are you posting for? :confused:

Using an immediate action on your turn is the same as using a swift action, and counts as your swift action for that turn. So you can only use one swift action or one immediate action per turn not both.

Haste will give you an Extra attack on a Full attack action and adds to your move and gives you bonuses but it does not give you another set of actions.

Note: Once you do manage a Full Attack action you will not be able to use any of your strike manuevers with it as they require a Standard Action to initiate.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads