• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Red Hand of Doom!!

hero4hire

Explorer
Rhun said:
Move to N35, remaining in the grass and shrubs
Dodge against archer in west tower.
Attack +9, damage 1d8+2(x3)
Arrows remaining: 58/60

N35 is on a road and is free of scrubs and grass. Since others have to modify actions you may also modify yours.

hero4hire

Explorer
hero4hire said:
Okay you want to:
Drop Bow (free action)
Draw a Potion (retrieve a stored item; move action)
Drink Potion (standard action)
Jump (move action)
Draw a weapon (free action as part of your jump action)
Use Mountain Hammer (standard action)
Switch Stance (swift action)
and possibly use and an Immediate Action.

How many rounds are you posting for? :confused:

Using an immediate action on your turn is the same as using a swift action, and counts as your swift action for that turn. So you can only use one swift action or one immediate action per turn not both.

Haste will give you an Extra attack on a Full attack action and adds to your move and gives you bonuses but it does not give you another set of actions.

Note: Once you do manage a Full Attack action you will not be able to use any of your strike manuevers with it as they require a Standard Action to initiate.

D'oh! I should read closer. I neglected the sentence unless the dragon closes to melee Apologies... :eek:

So you want to

Drop Bow (free action)
Draw a Potion (retrieve a stored item; move action)
Drink Potion (standard action)

OR

Jump (move action)
Draw a weapon (free action as part of your jump action)
Use Mountain Hammer (standard action)
Switch Stance (swift action)
and possibly use and an Immediate Action.

So the only issue is whether you wanted to switch stance or save it for a possible immediate action.

EvolutionKB

First Post
D'oh! I should read closer. I neglected the sentence unless the dragon closes to melee Apologies...

Your summations are correct, about time somebody around here makes an error besides me! ;)

So the only issue is whether you wanted to switch stance or save it for a possible immediate action.

I definately want to change my stance. Correct me if I am wrong, but I can still use the immediate after my turn to gain the bonuses vs. missle weapons(it will then take my next swift action), right? If I used the immediate action before my turn came up, then I would be devoid of a swift action during my next(and coming) turn and couldn't change my stance. So stance is priority, immediate action is secondary.

hero4hire

Explorer
EvolutionKB said:
I definately want to change my stance. Correct me if I am wrong, but I can still use the immediate after my turn to gain the bonuses vs. missle weapons(it will then take my next swift action), right? If I used the immediate action before my turn came up, then I would be devoid of a swift action during my next(and coming) turn and couldn't change my stance. So stance is priority, immediate action is secondary.

Evidently reading comprehension and sleep go hand and hand. The srd does state clearly that if you use an immediate action not on your turn it counts as your next swift action. So...actually nothing was wrong with your post.

I blame colic babies and sleep apnea for my current 4th grade reading level. :(

Rhun

First Post
hero4hire said:
N35 is on a road and is free of scrubs and grass. Since others have to modify actions you may also modify yours.

That was just a stupid mistake on my part, no taking the road into account. Alright:

Duroin will move to P35 to retain the benefits of cover. He will launch the arrow at the dragon.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post

OOC:
Dear Party Members,

I need some interference if I am going to live and be useful. This dragon needs to take a keen interest in one of you quickly. Please damage it. :)

Hugs and Kisses, Virashil.

btw, I changed my plan back to turning invisible -- hopefully out of sight, out of mind will be the prevailing draconic thought.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer

Round Two Results
21-Virishal Take 5' step to S32 and cast Invisibility.
19-Ozyrrandion Flies I-J/9-10 and picks up object
17-Hobgoblin Veterans I moves to N6, II moves to N8, III moves to O7, IV Moves to O8, V Moves to K10 fires at Duroin hitting for * damage . VI fires at Kirrg MISS!, VII fires at Duroin MISS! VIII fires at Jonathan MISS!
14-Jonathan retrieves and drinks potion of haste. Switch stance to Pearl of Black Doubt.
9-Duroin Duroin will move to P35 to retain the benefits of concealment. He will launch the arrow at the dragon MISS!
9-Kirrg 5' Step to X35, ranged touch attack on Hob VIII which is a total MISS!
8-Hell Hound moves to O34 charging Duroin HIT for 8 damage
4-Hobgoblin Sergeant moves to M6

Summary
Virishal 7 damage, prot acid 47, invisibility 60 rounds
Kirrg prot acid 72, produce flame 49 rounds
Jonathan DDP 0 damage 25, Haste 5 rounds
Duroin 16 damage

bridgeround3.jpg

Virashil says a quick thanks to Bahamut for the insight to ward herself against the foul acidic breath of the large dragon before her.

She then realizes the gravity of the situation, being an unarmored elf standing before the great dragon.

She manages to move back a few steps while avoiding the dragons teeth and quickly intones a few words of draconic, causing her disappear from view.

The Dragon seeing none of its foes succumbed to its acidic breath flies back to its original perch; the roof of the NW Tower and fishes something out of a hole in the roof.

The Hobby soldiers, now armed, start to move to the bridge.

Sir Jonathan draws a potion from his belt and drinks its contents, at the same time switching his focus to the horde that will come.

Relieved to have avoided being injured by the dragon's corrosive breath, the dwarf continues on, knowing that the bridge needs to be covered to prevent the group from being overrun. As he continues on toward the west tower, the dwarf again launches an arrow, this one toward the Dragon. However his shot goes wide as it arcs over the bridge.

Kirrg considers moving up the large incline behind him, but thinks otherwise. Instead he moves along the line of shrubs, and launches a fistful of fire at one of the archers above, but he was never the best at aiming and it shows now.

The Hellhound bounds off the bridge and leaps at Duroin nearly taking the burly dwarf off his feet. Red Hot fangs sear his skin as they also tear his flesh.

Start of Round 3; actions?

EvolutionKB

First Post
Sir Jonathan 33/65 DDP 0/10

Sir Jonathan narrows his gaze at the hellhound that bit at his friend. A narrow beeline left the hound open for a single mighty charge. His speed magically altered from the potion, Sir Jonathan strides quickly towards the beast, pulling out his shield on the way. He thrusts a clumsy blow with his short sword, his enhanced speed throwing his timing off.

Swift action: Change stance to leading the charge(all allies within 60' who charge gain a +6 on damage. Charge using battle leader's charge(to P34), readying shield as I go. No AoO for movement thanks to the manuver. Attack is at +13 w/haste and charge bonus. AC drops to 20(normal+1(haste)-2(charge). Damage is 1d6+20(+10 for battle leader's charge, +6 for stance). Let's hope I roll decent. Oh, and WRT is granted. No immediate action needed this round.Oh by the dice gods! Hopefully this hits with the hound's charge penalty, 15 to hit, 21 damage

Edit: For some reason if something jumps into my way where I can't charge, I'll move to a flanking position if possible and use a revitalizing strike on myself. I'll also keep my stance as pearl of black doubt. Attack: +10, damage 1d6+4. damage healed would be 3d6+6

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"So much for cover," grunts Duroin, dropping his bow. The dwarf quickly draws his axe and sword, slashing them at the hellhound.

Switch dodge feat to hell hound
AC:20 (21 vrs hell hound), HP: 36/52

Waraxe +7 (1d10+3/x3) -AND- Shortsword +1 +7 (1d6+2/19-20), OR Waraxe +9 (1d10+3/x3) if you count drawing his weapons as a move action.

If Sir Jonathon happen to kill the hellhound, Duroin will make a run for the stairs up the righthand tower (x2/x3 move, whatever is necessary).

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
AC: 18; HP: 50/50

Kirrg moves along the treeline, occupying the spot Jonathan just vacated. He lobs one of his flames from his hand feebly at the dragon, obviously he is better with an axe or sword, and luck is not with him today.

Move to U-35. Ranged Touch on the Dragon: Natural 1, I even rolled max damage. Go heroes. It's obvious Invisible Castle is in league with the Red Hand.

Remove ads