• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Red Hand of Doom!!

s@squ@tch

First Post
She breathes a sign of relief as the dragon flies back behind the tower. But Virashil wonders just what exactly the foul beast has planned.

She moves up to the cobblestone path to the bridge and sees a group of goblinoids approaching from the other side of the bridge.

"I've got to slow them down," She says, and reaches into her belt pouch for a scroll of vellum that she purchased from Serterien in Drellin's Ferry.

OOC: Move to O32, either break invisibility to use the scroll of web, or read the scroll while invisible, whichever is allowed.

Web centered on N16, 20' radius burst.

Spells left for the day: 6/6/5/2

Spells Active:

Invisibility: 60 rounds
Mage Armor: 1 hr left
Protection from Energy: 47 damage remaining

hero4hire

Explorer
Round Three Results
21-Virishal Move to O32, use the scroll of web, Web centered on N16, 20' radius burst.
19-Ozyrrandion drinks potion moves to A-B/30-31
17-Hobgoblin Veterans I-IV ready action. Veteran V attacks Duroin HIT for 6 damage, Veteran VI readies action. Veteran VII attacks Duroin MISS, Veteran VIII attacks Jonathan MISS
14-Jonathan Change stance to leading the charge, Charge using battle leader's charge(to P34), free action to ready shield as part of move. HIT! For 21 damage.
9-Duroin Switch dodge feat to hell hound, drops bow (free action), and readies weapons (move action) attacks with Ax (standard action) Hell Hound is dead.
9-Kirrg Move to U-35. Ranged Touch on the Dragon: Natural 1, FUMBLE! Takes 11 damage from own spell.
4-Hobgoblin Sergeant lights torch.

Summary
Virishal 7 damage, Prot. acid 47, invisibility 59 rounds
Kirrg Prot. 11 damage, acid 72, produce flame 38 rounds
Jonathan DDP 0 damage 25, Haste 4 rounds
Duroin 22 damage

bridgeround4.jpg

She breathes a sign of relief as the dragon flies back behind the tower. But Virashil wonders just what exactly the foul beast has planned.

She moves up to the cobblestone path to the bridge and sees a group of goblinoids approaching from the other side of the bridge.

"I've got to slow them down," She says, and reaches into her belt pouch for a scroll of vellum that she purchased from Serterien in Drellin's Ferry.

The Dragon pops a stoppered vial and daintily dabs his forked tongue with its contents. Then he again takes to flight, banking around from the west some 3 or 4 stories in the air.

The majority of Soldiers seem confused on what to do but wait with bows in hand.

A couple soldiers with clear shots from the towers take them. Duroin finds another black shaft in his arm.

Sir Jonathan narrows his gaze at the hellhound that bit at his friend. A narrow beeline left the hound open for a single mighty charge. His speed magically altered from the potion, Sir Jonathan strides quickly towards the beast, pulling out his shield on the way. He thrusts a clumsy blow with his short sword, his enhanced speed throwing his timing off. His blade comes crashing down on the Hellhound and a sickening crack could be heard. The angle wh9ile awkward had much force behind it as the flat of his blade surely cracks canine vertebrae.

"So much for cover," grunts Duroin, dropping his bow. The dwarf quickly draws his axe and sword, hacking at the hellhound with his ax he lops of the pups head easily.

Kirrg moves along the grass line, occupying the spot Jonathan just vacated. He tries to lob one of his flames from his hand feebly at the dragon, obviously he is better with an axe or sword, and luck is not with him today as his sleeve catches on a thorny bush and he drops his ball of flame at his feet. The flame erupts and the Cleric’s left leg is badly blistered from the heat.

The sergeant of the Hobgoblins yells and produces a lit torch. Obviously the crafty commander means to burn through the webbing.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Rhun said:
H4H, can I hold off posting Duroin's actions until I know what the dragon and hobgob veterans are doing?

[sblock=Kirrg and Duroin]Dragon is on a strafe run. Hoonies are lighting arrows and shooting them before you guys get to go so you both may act accordingly if this influences your actions.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=H4H]
Duroin's actions may change depending on how badly wounded he is. With the dragon straffing and the archers hitting him left and right, it is quite possible he is going to need healing...but I'll post his likely action.
[/sblock]

Despite the severity of his wounds, Duroin hardly feels them from the adrenaline pumping through his stout body. "DEATH TO THE RED HAND," he shouts, rushing across the barren area and up the stairs of the eastern tower.

Duroin will run (x4) to get to the tower and get within another move action of the hobgoblin on top, if possible.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil, Sorcerer 6, Hp: 18/25

"I don't like the look of that damn wyrm one bit." Virashil thinks to herself," If I don't get some cover, I'm sure to be covered with more of his acidic vomiting."

A green ray shoots out of the tip of the wand that Virashil dug out of a belt pouch, hitting Jonathan in the chest -- it causes him to grow to twice the size! A look of surprise is on his face, as the beam came out of nowhere.

Virashil says,"Bring him down." Before she moves off to the cover of the tower.

OOC: Use Eternal Wand of Enlarge Person on Jonathan, move to N27

ethandrew

First Post
AC: 18; HP: 39/50

Kirrg yells out in pain as he burns his own leg, the pain lancing upward through his body. But gritting his teeth, he watches the path of the dragon fly overhead, and times his next blast to hopefully coincide with the largest target possible.

Attacking the dragon. What happens when you add Kirrg's rolls of 1 and 2 together? Yep, 12! Plus his ranged attack gives him a Ranged Touch Attack of 15. And here you guys thought I rolled a 3 ;) Let's hope his works. Damage would be 11 if it hit.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Sir Jonathan 40/65 hp

Manuvers granted: Action before thought, battle leaders charge, mountain hammer

While looking at the crusader manuver mechanics, I realized I've been doing it wrong.(Big surprise). Manuvers are granted at the end of the turn, not at the beginning. So I would currently have access(I think, it's late) to the above manuvers as of the end of my round last turn. H4H, we can fix things now or we can do as I've been doing all along for this battle.

Sir Jonathan, now giant's size drops his short sword, and charges the mighty wyrm. He pulls his longsword from it's sheathe and strikes a mighty blow at the dragon, yelling. "Fight me on the ground lizard! You will make a fine pair of boots when I am done with you!"

If the dragon tries to breathe again and you let me the manuvers as of last round, I'll use Action before thought to try and avoid the breath. If I roll less than a 10 or so on the reflex save, I'll use my reroll. No change in stance or anything. I'll use battle leaders charge again, drawing my MW longsword as I move. I'll just roll my attack roll and you can roll the damage depending on what you decide with manuvers granted. As a large creature my vertical reach is 16' and I have a jump check(w/haste) of +15. If the dragon is way of out my reach, then I will draw and drink a potion of cure mod instead. WOO! One better! I rolled a 3! 16 to hit! Hopefully the dragon is out of my reach...

Remove ads