D&D General The Return of the Death Knight!

You might remember my sad tale of my HeroForge death knight and it’s untimely fate. Well… there’s a new chapter in the story, because the death knight is back! HeroForge very generously reached out to me and offered to send me a replacement. I gratefully accepted (while feeling slightly guilty, as it was my dog who ate it’s predecessor). The new death knight arrived this morning — along with...

You might remember my sad tale of my HeroForge death knight and it’s untimely fate. Well… there’s a new chapter in the story, because the death knight is back!

HeroForge very generously reached out to me and offered to send me a replacement. I gratefully accepted (while feeling slightly guilty, as it was my dog who ate it’s predecessor).

The new death knight arrived this morning — along with a pair of other minis, who I hereby dub his minions. I think they might form a small adventuring party.

So, thank you HeroForge! You can't keep a good (evil?) death knight down! Now I just need a name for this new adventuring party!

462AFFAB-28CA-417F-9BA5-024D6D3AD162.jpeg

8DA604C1-FF0B-4834-8590-30927378D0C8.jpeg
A06E833C-6685-457A-A6A1-608E26259CDE.jpeg
36C4653B-928D-4BA7-B8FE-2EAB90DA74CC.jpeg

Joel Lovell

Villager
I really want to like HeroForge, but I take issue with one of their policies - that they do not allow you to commercially use photos or images in any way that you take of figures you buy from them. I was taken aback by this policy, because if I were to buy any other manufacturers miniatures to create a derivative work i.e a dioramas or scene for artistic purpose, let's say to use the photo of the set to illustrate a role playing game adventure book encounter, I would not have this issue. I would be curious what people think of this.

aco175

Legend
I really want to like HeroForge, but I take issue with one of their policies - that they do not allow you to commercially use photos or images in any way that you take of figures you buy from them. I was taken aback by this policy, because if I were to buy any other manufacturers miniatures to create a derivative work i.e a dioramas or scene for artistic purpose, let's say to use the photo of the set to illustrate a role playing game adventure book encounter, I would not have this issue. I would be curious what people think of this.
Are they creating art? Is it similar to a painting or something where the artist is holding the copywrite? Is it something digital where the file is saved that can create this specific mini once again and that is a factor. It sounds kind of strange, but I think the company wants to keep things broad on protecting your things else you have a Piazo growing off your labor.

Side question; How much of a gift card would I need to make a 'standard' figure suitable for a PC. I want to get my son one for Christmas.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Clearly the horse is the true leader of this little band, smart/wise enough to hide in plain sight by taking a subservient position... :)

Remove ads

Remove ads