• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
CB, does the pool of water in the back of the cave seem deep? I was under the impression that it was merely a sizable puddle.

SlagMortar

First Post
I was under the same impression. Even so, between the earlier events in the adventure and the gnomes warnings not to touch or look too deeply in the water, Brakkus fears fishmen may come boiling out of it any second.

The pool at the back does not seem deep. A sizeable puddle maybe 6 inches deep. But it does have a drip that feeds it, which means that it's also got to have an outlet. That, or the water evaporates, but looking at it, the drip rate probably does not exceed the evaporation rate. You can see the bottom of the pool in patches; it looks like bedrock.

Hey, my grandmother may pass away today or tomorrow. Or not, God willing. She's very old, has alzheimers, and is in the hospital with pneumonia...her veins collapsed so no IV is being administered, she's unconscious...that kind of thing.

Just a head's up, I may be away from the game for a while in order to fly home to the mainland to be with family. If so, I will pop in before leaving to drop a line to let you all know.

Then again, who knows? Gma could linger for quite a while longer.

I just checked in over at the IC and saw that you guys seem like you want to keep walking.

Per what Brakkus indicated, I had you all go 200 yards in. Do you want to walk farther, and if so, how long do you want to keep going? Ten minutes? Half an hour? An hour? A day? Until you get somewhere different or see something interesting? Let me know, please.

Ambrus

Explorer
Maelicent is partially nocturnal, well at home in the cavern and in no hurry to stop; he'll keep forging ahead until the giant-kin indicate that they've had enough.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads