• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Seas of Blood - The Price of Fame (Chapter One)

IcyCool

First Post
Bart show Trav'nul where he can stow his gear, and where he'll bunk. Before he heads back up on deck he turns back to Trav'nul, "Bring yer fancy duds o'er to me bunk afore ye call it a night, an' oi'll have 'em cleaned and fixed up fer ye by mornin'."

Bart heads up on deck and over to meet with Swoops, where he relays the information he gathered during the day. "Cap'n, oi remembers another bit o' info about th' Matrice lasses. They gots a ship here in harbor wots called the Calm Horizons, and they's likely carryin' plenty o' religious valuables." He takes a second to think and then says, "There's a couple o' other ships in port that's worth takin' a look at. There's th' Dragonfish, a mercenary ship, if they's here then th' ship they be guarding is a rich prize indeed. Th' Aforethought is a northern merchant ship from up Lancesor way. They don't usually travel these waters, so somethin' must've gotten their attention fer them to be all th' way down here."

Bart shudders for a moment and swallows hard before continuing. "Back when oi were servin' on th' Greenwave under Cap'n Sparks, oi saw th' Oceanbitch captured and watched her sink 'neath the waves from her wounds. She were a pirate ship back then. An' if me eyes don't lie to me, she's sittin' here in port, jus' as healthy as can be."

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
IcyCool said:
Bart show Trav'nul where he can stow his gear, and where he'll bunk. Before he heads back up on deck he turns back to Trav'nul, "Bring yer fancy duds o'er to me bunk afore ye call it a night, an' oi'll have 'em cleaned and fixed up fer ye by mornin'."

"I don't have any fancy duds, only my uniform. But I shall be sure to bring the soiled suit by for you, Thanks Bart, oh and is there a second aboard or should I seek out Swoops himslef for deck assignments and chores?" replies the half-orc happy to feel wood swaying underfoot again.

OOC: [sblock] I guess so :) [/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
"Any of you know where I can get ahold of a Yellow Lotus flower?" Swoops asks.

OOC: Pout, I realy had no intention of leaving the city :(

IcyCool

First Post
Bront said:

OOC: Pout, I realy had no intention of leaving the city :(

OOC: I think this is just a brief interlude to find out who is still playing. I know I've been enjoying it so far. Fenris, Hyp, and you are still playing. Who do we have left? Anyone?

Fenris

Adventurer
Trav'nul was like a kid at a carnival. He was estatic to be back aboard a ship. Though he spent his youth on land, he felt at home on a ship now. The big half-orc raced around the ship, climbing the riggings like a cat, showing a beguiling agility for a man of his size and braun. Up to the crows nest, down to the bilge. He went into every hold, saw where every rope was tied off, where the galley was, in short he was examining the Moon Goodess from bow to stern, port to starboard. Trav'nul like to know his home well and he found the Moon Goddess quite pleasing. Not as dirty and nasty as many pirate ships he had sailed on, though not as clean and well organized as a naval vessel he had to admit with a sigh. But still, the deck rolled over the waves, the rigging hummed in the wind and he was sure she would fly over the sea. He breathed deeply of the salty sea air. He couldn't wait to be under sail again.

IcyCool

First Post
Bront said:

"Ye might be able to get one here in th' market Cap'n." Bart suggests. He scrunches up his face in thought and tries to think of where else such a flower might be able to be aquired.

[sblock=OOC (Phoenix): ]Bardic Knowledge +11[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
"Captain, mind if I have a word with you?" a'Shelys calls down from his perch on the bow, he vaults down to the deck and walks over to Swoops, "in private for a moment," he says looking to the others.

Taking the Captain aside for a moment, "you know I've had news of my life back in the green*, and it's been distressing to me. I sought out a diviner today, and was hoping to get an advance on my cut so I could pay the man properly. It's important Captain, you know I wouldn't bother you with some trifle of money, but it's my own child..." his voice trails off as he looks as the Captain.

*green is a term a'Shelys sometimes uses to refer to the great elven forest he once called home.

Bront

The man with the probe
Swoops says to Bart "It seems the Order of Matric was the only source I coud find, and I'm not exactly sure how to get one from them. Was hoping perhaps you'd have another way."

Swoops nods to a'Shelys "Aye, and I hope it's good news. Take what ya need with my blessings."

Ferrix

Explorer
Bront said:
Swoops nods to a'Shelys "Aye, and I hope it's good news. Take what ya need with my blessings."

"Thanks," the elf smiles and darts off to the hold to gather the amount of fare for the diviner.

OOC: Could you remind me of the amount Phoenix?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads