• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret of Wulin Gong (Wuxia Game) OOC [ON HOLD]

Krizzel

First Post
KitanaVorr said:

I'd rather stay away from those two...

Fine with me I'm rather more intrigued with OA + 4CtF. Might need to tinker with the OA classes to make them less Japanese and more Wuxia (though just changing the names might work). I think OA has a monkey race too :p

4CtF would give all the flying powers and the super martial arts moves. Maybe everyone could just get a couple of HrPs every level as opposed to multi-classing into the Hero class. Anyone think that would be unbalancing?

garyh

First Post
I really like the OA/4CtF idea. As for bonus HrP per level, there's a feat in 4CtF that leats a character "turn in" wealth for HrP, and they suggest a DM aiming at a more fluid Supers game could give all players the feat for free. And other than Green Destiny, magic equipment is rare anyway.

Last edited:

Krizzel

First Post
garyh said:
I really like the OA/4CtF idea. As for bonus HrP per level, there's a feat in 4CtF that leats a character "turn in" wealth for HrP, and they suggest a DM aiming at a more fluid Supers game could give all players the feat for free. And other than Green Destiny, magic equipment is rare anyway.

True. Equipment is rather secondary to the characters than it is in say, D&D :)

Krug

Newshound
I'm in. Woudln't mind playing the guy with the flying guillontine that lobs off people's heads. ;)

Or Zhang Zi Yi. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET. Haiya!

Dog Faced God

First Post
My kung-fu movie background is pretty much limited to mainstream stuff I guess... Enter the Dragon, 36 Crazy Fists... I'd be interested in playing though.

Two questions: What does 4CtF stand for? Does anyone remember an old kung fu movie where there were three different heroes (villains?) with different fighting styles: toad, scorpion, *somethingelse*... came out in the late 70's... that's about all I remember.

There are some great rules for martial arts at the sleeping imperium website:

http://www.rpgunited.com/eng/prod/d20sle.html

It's about half-way down the page, entitled d20 Skill-n-Feats Martial Arts System. I've used it in my D&D campaigns with quite alot of success.

Monster Zero

First Post
Dog Faced God said:
Does anyone remember an old kung fu movie where there were three different heroes (villains?) with different fighting styles: toad, scorpion, *somethingelse*... came out in the late 70's... that's about all I remember.

The movie was called "Master of the Five Venoms". There was Lizard, Toad, Scorpion, Snake, and Centipede. It is a great movie and I loved it.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Hmmm...I could be the 'Fat Smiling Monk with Staff/club/jingling bells/rings-thigie...there's always a place for that guy.
Or scared/slightly cowardly rougish type ala those two guys from Zu:Warriors of Ghost Mountain (I think). The Red and Yellow armies had fought, these guys hid/ran away and survived. I've never been a cowardly character before :D

There's always the Annoying Kid...he sneaks into everything.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads