The Secret Scion

D20Dazza

Explorer
[sblock=Bail's House Party]"Yeah, I guess you're right Melanie but none of the other guys are worried about being in wet clothing and I don't want to appear...you know, ummm...weak"[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Bail's Houseparty]Melanie chuckles, "Well, if you can't be stong enough to be who you are without worrying 'bout others, is that weak?"

Mel looks over at the other women heading to the back. "Bail, hon, perhaps you'd best get most of you're 'mates out of here. Looks like you're gals over there aren't too comfortable. Then maybe I can help ya with that wet clothing," she finishes with a mischevious smile.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
So finally the day arrived, or so Sparky said. Carefully, Tondrek began to take down the improvements to the chamberpots that he was working on; he was sure the Silent Lumpy Man wouldn't appreciate them.

~~

Eventually, the Silent Lumpy Man lead him to the Lava Pit, though the smells led Tondrek the rest of the way near the end. Though he had never been there, Tondrek had a taste for Marsher food, and devowered it whenever possible. The decor, however, was entirely lost on him, though he did mutter something about "portable portals to fiery fire" when he saw the various grills.

When the two arrived, the rest were mostly seated. Tondrek waved the wave of a happy child, even waving at (the now bigger) Big Sour Man. Once he sees the food, however, he forgets to notice anyone waving back and begins to dig in, eating the spiciest food on the table.
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Your warforged waitress is particularly taken with Tondrek’s companion, the mechanical rat Sparky. She takes a second to look at him or pet him every time she goes by the table (and since such spicy foods require copious amounts of drink, that’s very often). Sparky take a moment to heat up his skin at the fire and demand a good polishing from Tondrek. He wants to look good for his fans.
Each time the 'forged waitress comes over and pets Sparky, Tondrek beams up at her, the signs of his meal running down his face. He did carefuly polish Sparky, with practiced ease. "Careful, forgey 'forge, he likes metal. And so do I! (hiccup)"
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
So, what have you guys been up to?"
As the meal lulls into conversation, Tondrek notices the group of strange, armorless 'forged at the other table. He turns around in his chair and stares at them openly and naively, fascinated by their difference. He barely hears Arimat's question, and doesn't turn around to answer. "I play sneaky-sneak with Silent Lumpy Man. We go down the hole!" He giggles a bit to himself.

Though he is sure to attract strange looks from the unusual 'forged, if they turn, he'll wave to them cheerfully. The next time the waitress comes around, he tugs at her doublet and points at the other table. "'Cuse, but why they do that? Doesn't no shell hurt?"

[OOC: Knowledge check by Tondrek to see what he knows about 'shellless forged']

Someone

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Harolk: [sblock]Also, you are easily able to win enough cash to continue living in high style, with fifty-two gold to spare, easily. You can make acquaintances at people in your area when taking in the occasional show, concert, or night on the town. So at least some people in your neighborhood give you a passing nod of recognition, you’re now part of the landscape. Just before you head out the door, however, you notice a letter that was delivered to your home earlier that day, addressed as follows.

Silas Karrathen, 458 Glassspire Tower, Platinate, Upper Menthis Plateau, Menthis, Sharn, Breland.

The only mark of a return address is the sealing wax, a dark purplish-blue marked with a flail. It bears the stamp of the House Vadalis gargoyle messenger service, and the mark of House Sivis mail service. The envelope is made from fine heavy paper stock in a rich cream, and the address is written in sparkling midnight blue ink.[/sblock]

Isida: [sblock]ooc: sorry, but Does that mean that I´m 52 gold richer than the past month, or that my new total is 52 gold? I´m assuming the first, so Harolk spends that in a new, expensive outfit, good boots and some jewelery.

IC: "Alas" says Harolk to himself. "Old Silas hasn´t been here for a while, and if I´ve been sacking his pantry for a month, opening his letters won´t upset him any more, so..." Harolk rips the seal and opens the letter[/sblock]

So, what have you guys been up to? I’ve been laid up sick most of the month, the… bites didn’t want to heal,” he says with some hesitancy. Some bulkiness underneath his shirt shows he’s still bandaged on the shoulder and neck where the ravers bit him.

The appointed day Harolk awakes an hour or so before the hour, so he has to hurry to not arrive late. Many yawns after that he´s clean, shaved, and comes out of home before realizing he´s in the padded training armor he uses for duelling. "Damn!" he curses. He has to return home and change again. 15 minutes after leaving for the second time, he notices he´s the swords with him.

"Ok, that´s all, I´m not going back again. Gods, I need to think on something else for a while" thinks to himself, not for the first time.

Of course, he arrives late at the Lava Pit, showing his new and gaudy clothes. "Hi all, boys and girls" shouts from the door, and then storms the pace towards the party´s table. "I´m hungry. What do they have? hey, wait, is that a ´forged who´s cooking? I thought they didn´t need to eat, do they? I mean they won´t have a sense of taste, how does he decide if a gallon of vinegar is enough or not for the salad?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=Bail's Angels]*Rayni notices Sheny staggering into the kitchen with concern, and she follows after. She just wants to help a friend in need. It isn't that she wants to get out of the main room. Who is she kidding? It's both. Plus she feels a strange resonance from Sheny and the chaos of the revel, building together in a chaotic maelstrom and pounding away at her disciplined control like a living nightmare.*

"Sheny, are you okay?" Rayni asks, seeing her quiet friend curled up in the corner.
[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=In the Kitchen: Rayni]Shenystari looks up at Rayni, "it's... just sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed." She shakes her head, "there's a whole other world that you don't see that I live in, a world full of incomprehensible images and nightmarish things. It's one thing to fear for your safety or that of your friends, but when you fear the very thing you are, it's..." Running her hand through her hair, "it's... horrifying. You can't get away from it."[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Hxaptos digs into the spicy marsher food with almost as much zeal as his crazy partner in crime. Looking up as the others talk about what they have been doing, he replies, "Getting by. Not much a couple of Lower Sharners like us can do up here. We've been sticking to the lower levels." He looks around at Bail, Mel, Rayni, Arimart, and Harolk, thinking back to how they all contributed to the fortunate events that lead him to his destiny. Then to Shenystari who joined them afterwards, how will you fit into my glorious destiny? he thinks to himself.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Kitchen, Sheny]*Rayni nods her head.*

"Sheny, I understand...we aren't so different, you and I. I..."

*She has been trying to keep the swirling energies at bay, but her discipline falters and a nimbus of violet energy surrounds her, singing the floor and the counter without touching Rayni or her clothes. Rayni squinches her eyes shut and concentrates with all her might, focusing on her ancestor's talisman, and she is able to bundle the energy up again, just barely.*

"Well...you just saw, I guess...I became a wizard to focus my mind and learn mental discipline, but...I'm not a very good one. I have a terrible power, and I can't control it. I fear one day it will destroy everyone around me...But it is a part of me, and I can't make it go away...So you see, I can understand how you feel...being afraid of myself...The despair and horror of never being able to escape. People like us...there are many in this world who would hate us if they knew the truth...If you don't hate me now that you know, though, I think we should be friends. We should stick together and stand up for each other..."
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
Of course, he arrives late at the Lava Pit, showing his new and gaudy clothes. "Hi all, boys and girls" shouts from the door, and then storms the pace towards the party´s table. "I´m hungry. What do they have? hey, wait, is that a ´forged who´s cooking? I thought they didn´t need to eat, do they? I mean they won´t have a sense of taste, how does he decide if a gallon of vinegar is enough or not for the salad?"
"I've heard of musicians who can't hear or see, so why not cooks who can't taste? Besides, I don't see anyone droping or gagging," Mel says.

"Arimart, you don't look to good still. Those injuries still haven't healed?"

D20Dazza

Explorer
"He's some sort of machine isn't he?" Bail asks, indicating the forged chef. The youth still hasn't had a lot to do with these men-of-war "Wouldn't his owner just have to say - Put a pinch of this, and two handfuls of this and a cup of that in there and stir?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"I don't think he has an owner Bail. In most kingdoms, the Warforged are considered free people, just like you and me," Mel says, though no touch of chastizing or even being upset with what Bail said resides in her voice.

Remove ads