The Secret Scion

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"Undead?" Rayni wrinkles her nose, that one word spoken with incredible disdain, "How terrible...were you from Karrnath then, originally...I heard a little bit about that place in my studies."

"Eueh, well, yes, in the... most part." says Harolk hesitantly. "And we don´t like them either, but things were like, create undead, or be overrun by a machine army from Cyre."

Ferrix

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=Kitchen, Sheny]*Rayni nods her head.*

"Sheny, I understand...we aren't so different, you and I. I..."

*She has been trying to keep the swirling energies at bay, but her discipline falters and a nimbus of violet energy surrounds her, singing the floor and the counter without touching Rayni or her clothes. Rayni squinches her eyes shut and concentrates with all her might, focusing on her ancestor's talisman, and she is able to bundle the energy up again, just barely.*

"Well...you just saw, I guess...I became a wizard to focus my mind and learn mental discipline, but...I'm not a very good one. I have a terrible power, and I can't control it. I fear one day it will destroy everyone around me...But it is a part of me, and I can't make it go away...So you see, I can understand how you feel...being afraid of myself...The despair and horror of never being able to escape. People like us...there are many in this world who would hate us if they knew the truth...If you don't hate me now that you know, though, I think we should be friends. We should stick together and stand up for each other..."
[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Kitchen, Rayni]Shenystari smiles up at her friend, "so it seems we are not much different at all." She helps herself to her feet, tears welled up her in her large emerald eyes, she embraces the elf. "I could not hate you, you are as dear to my heart as my own."[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Shenystari listens quietly to the conversation, smiling occasionally at Rayni, it appears the two have formed a strong bond in their month together. She shook her head, the warforged were a unique case for they were created but had souls of a sort and souls were not made in the creation forges, however undead were something altogether unholy and unnatural.

"I don't believe this something that I feel like talking about over food, can't we think of a nicer subject?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Kitchen,Sheny]*Rayni hugs Sheny back, the two clinging to each other in hopes that though they are both frightened, together they will each be able to overcome those fears.*

"Oh Sheny, we will get through this together, you and I...some day, we will each be able to look upon ourself and not be filled with fear and horror...the alternative is too horrible to imagine."

"It is so good to have real friends..."
Rayni smiles sublimely--her smile has always held a mysterious mystical quality.

(OOC: Looks like Bail's peeking in--shall we say this is the point where he finds Rayni and Sheny?)[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I agree. What were we talking about before? Ah yes, what has happened in our time apart. I must admit, things always seem to stir to a powderkeg, as they say, whenever we are all together. At least compared to my research. Still, there is something to be said for a quiet life...so peaceful, it is almost sublime. I think I could live this way forever...though if I did, I wonder if I would ever amount to something...if I would ever become somebody worthy of those who came before me."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Shenystari [sblock]
Shenystari will attempt to procure one of the main works of this Arden Fair, a peculiar named man.
Opal will cheerfully loan you a copy of Illuminating the Corners of the Mind, one of Arden's first works in his teachings.

She is cautious about attending one of these meetings of the Illuminated Minds, knowing that an influenced member of the Dreaming Dark would not appreciate the snooping of a kalashtar. She'll sit on this knowledge a little longer, hoping to learn more from the books and her friends before she can confront it.
The book contains a variety of meditation techniques that it claims help organize the mind and make information easier to retrieve. They are also supposed to help with keeping one calm, and allowing an objective outlook on a variety of perspectives. Several of these Shenystari recognizes as similar to ones the kalashtar learn as children. They are used when teaching so that the children can absorb a large amount of information in a small amount of time, then actually do the learning of it later, through meditation, introspection, and discussion. What it might mean is that Arden's students might know more than they know, locked away in their minds until they're taught to retrieve it.[/sblock]

Rayni: [sblock]
'If I can't remove it, can I make it inactive?' Rayni researches how to drain the power from a Dragonmark, hoping to find a choice other than suicide.
The simplest way to render a Dragonmark inactive would be to keep an antimagic field active on the bearer at all times. Granted such things would be expensive, but for confined individuals with dangerous abilities, the expense is worth it to their jailers. If you could find someone to make it for you, it would be many thousands of gold pieces, that's clear. However, it would prevent you from using any of your magical abilities, not just your dragonmark.

There's another option, one that's only hinted at. "Dragonmarks have come from dragon blood and bone, and by their magic and might may they reclaim their kindred." Perhaps a dragon could help you.[/sblock]

Tondrek: [sblock]
Each time the 'forged waitress comes over and pets Sparky, Tondrek beams up at her, the signs of his meal running down his face. He did carefully polish Sparky, with practiced ease. "Careful, forgey 'forge, he likes metal. And so do I! (hiccup)"
The waitress looks a little startled, but looks at Sparky, who looks back at her innocently. She continues with her occasional pats, and her fingers seem no worse the wear.

As the meal lulls into conversation, Tondrek notices the group of strange, armorless 'forged at the other table. He turns around in his chair and stares at them openly and naively, fascinated by their difference.
Most warforged would ignore stares, but these look over at him occasionally, as if trying to divine his attention.

Though he is sure to attract strange looks from the unusual 'forged, if they turn, he'll wave to them cheerfully. The next time the waitress comes around, he tugs at her doublet and points at the other table. "'Cuse, but why they do that? Doesn't no shell hurt?"
“No… shell?” she asks, confused, then suddenly realizes what he’s getting at. “You mean no plating? Oh, they were forged near the end of the war, when they were experimenting with different types of us, for uses other than war. I think they were supposed to be servants, but when were all set free, they decided to learn other things than war or service,” she says in an offhand manner.

[OOC: Knowledge check by Tondrek to see what he knows about 'shellless forged']
Tondrek recalls hearing something about shellless ‘forged; they’re called “reforged,” warforged that champion living with other races. They’re particularly personable for their kind, and oftentimes as ambassadors between warforged and other races.[/sblock]

Bront said:
"Arimart, you don't look too good still. Those injuries still haven't healed?"
Arimat shrugs, and then winces as if he shouldn’t have done that. “Not really. And… I really didn’t want to go see House Jorasco, so I’ve just been sticking it out. It hasn’t killed me yet, eh?” he says with a feeble laugh.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Bah, you're right, no need for those halflings. Here let me have another look." says Hxaptos. If Arimart will let him, he'll cast cure moderate wounds on him. Again it feels a little odd, as if the pure positive energy were somehow tainted by something dark. It leaves an oily feeling on the skin after the pulse of energy dissipates.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Isida]*What about transferring her mind to the body of a non-living entity such as a Warforged. Does her research indicate the mark would remain active?*[/SBLOCK]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hxaptos: [sblock]Hxaptos takes a look at the wound, and realizes quickly that his prayers of curing won't do much good. The wound is infected, and Arimat has filth fever. He needs a prayer to remove the disease.[/sblock]

Remove ads