The Secret Scion

Erekose13

Explorer
"Hmm on second though, the healers of House Jorasco might have better luck with that one, it doesn't look so good." he srews up his face looking at the symptoms. "Filth fever I think it looks like."

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"I agree. What were we talking about before? Ah yes, what has happened in our time apart. I must admit, things always seem to stir to a powderkeg, as they say, whenever we are all together. At least compared to my research. Still, there is something to be said for a quiet life...so peaceful, it is almost sublime. I think I could live this way forever...though if I did, I wonder if I would ever amount to something...if I would ever become somebody worthy of those who came before me."

For Harolk, it´s strange that she doesn´t want to speak of undead and does want to speak of those who came before, as those from Karrnath rarely rest peacefully. He stays quiet for a while before continuing.

"I´ve been practicing." says. "It´s nice once in a while to find people who can truly appreciate your fighting style and not ridicule you because it´s not the way they have been doing it for centuries. And I´ve met several interesting people. Very interesting..." he adds in a softer voice.

Ferrix

Explorer
"There is great power in the life of quiet contemplation just as there is power in the life of strong action. You speak of ancestors correct? I've heard a great many variations on the veneration of ancestors in elven culture, what is it like?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The conversation seems to roll over Tondrek once the others start talking about disease and undead and such. While the others are focused on Arimat's contagion, the half-orc slips out of his chair and ambles over to the table the fascinates him so, slinging Sparky over his shoulder. When he gets there, he waves again cheerfully.

"Hi! I'm Tondrek, and you're neat! Try the Marcher Lilly Pepper, its very spicy!"

Bront

The man with the probe
Ferrix said:
"There is great power in the life of quiet contemplation just as there is power in the life of strong action. You speak of ancestors correct? I've heard a great many variations on the veneration of ancestors in elven culture, what is it like?"
"It realy depends on where you're from," Mel says. "Some of the elves who've lived in Korvairre don't realy pay much heed to our ancestors than any other race does to theirs. Others, particularly those in Valenar, have turned our ancestors into a form of worship and play acting to honor them. And most elves, but particularly the ones from Aeranel, pay some heed to the Undying Council, where we can speak to our honored ancestors directly."

"Now, there's exceptions to every rule, but in most cases, you can tell where an elf's from by how they honor their ancestors."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=Isida]*What about transferring her mind to the body of a non-living entity such as a Warforged. Does her research indicate the mark would remain active?*[/SBLOCK]
Rayni: [sblock]Her research is uncertain. It it theorized that the warforged do not have souls, and thus do not have dragonmarks. Or perhaps it is simply because of their partially inorganic bodies. It's certainly possible that if the consciousness of a dragonmarked individual were somehow brought into a warforged body, the mark would be inactive.

In addition, in her search of magic in general, Rayni came across an ancient tome that spoke of different types of magic: The Arte of Magick, in All Its Innumberable Forms. [Archanic spellings have been corrected in order to preserve the sanity of the DM.]
The magics of the wizard come to him purely through concentration and learning of arcane formulae. He must study as the most diligent scholar for his power to emerge. As such, he must surround himself in the trappings of his power, of book and herb, stone and wand, feather and staff. Though he be the most burdened and wizened of all the practitioners of the magical arts, he is thoroughly in control of them. No wizard's powers can control him, for they only come to him if he asks and performs his formulas correctly.

For the sorcerer, life is both more easy and difficult. The theories surrounding the source of their powers are legion, from blood of magical creatures, to pacts with gods, to experimentations with unknown powers. The source seems to differ enormously between one and the other, and such discussions are reserved for a different chapter. The power springs unbidden from the blood, each spell woven into it, heart and sinew and bone. Through great concentration and willpower, a sorcerer may change the spells born into his blood, but these are rare occurances. Limited in knowledge, they thrive instead on power, their spells coming swiftly to their hands and pouring out in quantities of magic wizards can be hard to match.

There is another kind of mage, one whos magic seems limitless, drawn as it is from the dark spaces, the cracks between worlds. The warlock's magic comes as a destructive force, which can be bent for effects of deception and darkness. The power itself changes the warlock, allowing the auras of magic to reveal itself to his eyes, to give him protection against common weaponry and magical energies, and even to heal himself. Yet despite the sinister auras surrounding such magics, it is known that strength of will trumps all. Magic responds to will, and will to confidence. Warlocks who let their power rule them find the demons between the worlds reaching out to grasp their souls. Those who rule their power find it responding to them as a faithful servant. Embrace and understand, control and rule, these allow the warlock and the sorcerer to be one with their magic.
[/sblock]

stonegod said:
The conversation seems to roll over Tondrek once the others start talking about disease and undead and such. While the others are focused on Arimat's contagion, the half-orc slips out of his chair and ambles over to the table the fascinates him so, slinging Sparky over his shoulder. When he gets there, he waves again cheerfully.

"Hi! I'm Tondrek, and you're neat! Try the Marcher Lilly Pepper, its very spicy!"
The warforge look at each other, then at Tondrek in surprise. Forge recovers first and shakes herself free of her astonishment. "Indeed, I though Palette's mouth was going to start shooting flames!" she says, gesturing to a slender warforged wearing artist's clothes slightly speckled with paint. He shrugs a bit, his face still hidden behind a mug of ale. "And what a lovely rat! What's your name, and his?" she asks. "I'm Forge, that's Palette obviously, Feather, and Heart," she adds, gesturing at the others. Feather seems to be female, dressed in white and blue robes layered like feathers, with a blue butterfly pendant hanging around her neck. Heart is dressed in tight yellow silk and leather, a harpcase on the floor beside him.

D20Dazza

Explorer
[sblock=kitchen]Bail slowly pushes the door open and walks inside "I've, umm, asked everyone to leave" he says sheepishly "Ummm is everything OK? I'm sorry if their presence has somehow offended. I meant no harm, we were just...you know, happy after our win"[/sblock]

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bail has absolutely no interest in the current conversation and instead tucks into his food, happily ignoring the goings on around him but occassionally risking a quick worried glance in Sheny's direction.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"And what a lovely rat! What's your name, and his?" she asks. "I'm Forge, that's Palette obviously, Feather, and Heart," she adds, gesturing at the others. Feather seems to be female, dressed in white and blue robes layered like feathers, with a blue butterfly pendant hanging around her neck. Heart is dressed in tight yellow silk and leather, a harpcase on the floor beside him.
"Tondrek and Sparky! Nice to meet, neat 'forged without plating." Tondrek is obviously excited, and his speech speeds up accordingly. "Does it itch? Does it hurt? Where do the attachments go? Can you put it back on? Do people look at you funny?" Oblivious to the most-likely startled look on their faces, the half-orc's questions keep flowing until someone manages to interrupt him.

Ferrix

Explorer
[sblock=Kitchen (i.e. Rayni & Bail)]Catching Shenystari and Rayni in a close embrace, you can tell a bonding moment has passed between the two. Tears lay heavy in Shenystari's eyes. "Let us never forget that then, and look to each other for support when we falter."

Realizing that Bail is now standing there, Shenystari looks at him, slowly relinquishing her embrace. "There was no offense from your friends, it had to do with me. Sometimes... well, I'm better now thanks to Rayni. It was fun though wasn't it?" A smile slowly spreading across her tear-streaked face. "Perhaps we could all sit down and have a cup of tea together, it's been a while since we've had a moment together, all of us. Although, it would be nice if Mel came back from her study."[/sblock]

Remove ads