The Shackled City - Golarion Prelude

ahayford

First Post
If there is nothing more you have to ask of us, I would ask that you take your leave. The children have already had their schedule disrupted...I'd like to get them back to some sense of normalcy as soon as possible.

OOC: If there are no further inquiries, I will advance the scene tomorow evening to Ghelve's Locks. Svexyn will lead the party there. If you have more you'd like to do at the orphanage, please do so before tomorrow evening.

jkason

First Post
Caytis Maggerin, half-elf magus

Caytis bows to the headmistress.

"Even so. We thank you for your time, and we'll do everything we can to find the children," the half-elf says.

OOC: I'm good to go

ahayford

First Post
OOC: Stuck at work tonight, update should come tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay. If you wish to do something else at the orphanage, please feel free to do so. I merely wanted to move things along since it seemed like the game had bogged down a little.

ahayford

First Post
The Golarian sun hangs slightly off from directly overhead, baking the cobblestones until the air shimmers oppressively.The city streets are surprisingly empty for this time of day, but most of the workers have gone inside to escape the hottest hours of the day. A few porters and drivers head back out to the outlying plantations, having delivered their payloads of coffee, tea, and fruit to the city warehouses.

Svexyn leads the group to one of the nicer market streets, a testament to the success of Ghelve and his locksmithing business.

A small turret dominates the facade of the two-story black stone building. Iron bars are embedded in the thick window frames. Beyond the turret’s ground floor windows sits a lovely display of locks, from large to small, simple to complex. To the left of the turret, above a heavy oak door, swings a simple sign that reads “Ghelve’s Locks”. A small, hand painted sign with the words “Open, please come in!” hangs in the window. Svexyn opens the door, and ushers the group inside.

A complex, but elegant, series of gears connected to the door triggers a door chime more reminiscent of a music box then a simple bell. The air smells like metal, fire, and oil, tickling your nose as you cross the threshold. The shop is clean, and well kept, almost obsessively so. No bit seems out of place. The walls are covered with fastidiously labeled shelves and bins, each contained small parts or materials whose purpose you can only guess. A small forge, anvil, and metal working tools are along the back of the shop. A work table covered in tiny tools and instruments faces the door. A grey haired gnome is seated at the table, a monocle over one eye. He appears to be working on a mechanism of some kind that is in pieces on the table.

At the sound of the door chime, Ghelve looks up from his work to greet his customers.

Welcome friends, no purpose is too mundane, nor treasure too rich for Ghelve’s locks. Tell me your needs, and I’ll craft a lock perfect to keep a stable door closed at night or seal the vaults of the richest kings.

Keygan Ghelve looks genuinely surprised.

Oh....Svexyn. M..m..m..m..my word.
Ghelve stammers sligtly.

I’m not sure I expected to see you again... What with going back out onto the street. By the looks of your friends, I’m guessing this isn’t a social call....are you rethinking your apprenticeship perhaps? Started some new business venture?

jkason

First Post

Caytis raises an eyebrow at the stammering Svexyn's presence provides, but decides to dismiss it. Plenty enough people have stammered at his own scaled skin, after all.

"We've come from The Lantern Orphanage, master Ghelve, wondering what you might be able to tell us about the locks you installed there during their renovation, among other things?

ahayford

First Post
The o..o..o..orphanage you say?

Keygan scratches at his grey hair.

Keygan steps away from his desk. Its then that you realize, despite the fact that you know he is a gnome, he is tall enough to look you directly in the eye when standing. A glance on the other side of the counter reveals a set of bamboo stilts attached to his boots.

Keygan notices the attention his height enhancing footwear is getting.

I like to look my customers in the eye when making a sale. You'd be surprised the effect a little height can have on a negotiation.

Keygan continues to think....

Well, I can't say I rightly remember. I make a lot of locks for a lot of people. I can't be expected to remember every single mechanism that leaves my shop. If the building has my locks, they were probably a standard HomePhalanx v 1.2d...Perhaps a DomicileGuard 2.3z... How long ago did you say they purchased from me?

ahayford

First Post
Keygan twitches suspiciously...

Well? Are you just going to stand there?

[sblock=ooc]
I have to admit guys, I'm getting a little frustrated by the lack of interest and/or participation. This is not the first time this game has gone a week without a single post. I'm really trying to be understanding and patient...and real life definitely comes first. I'm a father of two myself. But I started this game to scratch a gaming itch I don't have the time to scratch any other way. I don't want to have to drag you guys through this campaign, a week at a time. There are 6 players in this game and we frequently have no posts from *anyone* for long stretches.

Please go to the ooc post to if you wish to discuss this. I don't want you to take this as a threat. I'm not trying to hold you hostage and force you to play....but if things don't change I'm likely going to close this game.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Caytis falters, and his expression would seem to be one of embarrassment, though his scales hide any blushing he may be doing.

"You know, I ... don't actually remember how long ago the renovations took place. I'd think you'd remember Gretchyn? Spitfire of a halfling woman?"

[sblock=ooc]I'm sure there's a post somewhere upthread with how many years ago it was, but I'm not finding it now, and I wanted to post sooner rather than later.[/sblock]

Remove ads