• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Theocracy

fenixdown

First Post
Van suddenly stops short and slumps to the floor, his sword falling out of his hands and clattering across the floor.

[sblock=OOC]WL: Are you taking my SR into account? Just curious.

Edit: haha, I can read.[/sblock]

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
[sblock=raiders]
Oh, wait. Fenix, I forgot the SR! You could still be safe!!!

He rolled a 23. Guess not.

I did catch the baleful polymorph. It did nothing.

On the plus side, Shayuri, Ilshana's remains, being little cinders, will be very easy to take back to Arast, who, I presume, has raise dead. Ow. 2 PCs in the first round...

Do you hate the cleric yet?

And could the fighters in the barracks please post in sblocks?
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Wow.

[sblock=Caul and Nathira 2]
Caul's Reflex Save: reflex save vs dc 22 (1d20+2=11) - FAILS
Caul's Fort Save vs Massive Damage: fort save vs dc 15 (1d20+5=7)

YAY another player death! TPK upcoming!

Nathira's Reflex Save: reflex save vs dc 22 (1d20+13=30) - SUCCESS
Nathira has evasion, so she avoids all damage.

Full-round Action - Nathira uses Flurry of Blows and Smite Evil/Stunning Fist/Fiery Fist on the Priest: 1d20+16=34, 1d20+16=28, 1d20+16=35
Damage Rolls - If Necessary: 1d10+12=18, 2d6=8, 1d10+12=18, 2d6=7, 1d10+12=22, 2d6=7 - Note the 2d6 is fire damage and all damage counts as good-aligned and magic for DR purposes.
Stunning Fist: Fort Save DC 18 against each.

EDIT: Forgot about the Haste, had to re-roll the attacks.
[/sblock]

Halfway to a TPK in the first round. Nice job!

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
After witnessing his companions fall, one after the other, Latham stands back and tries to tap into the evil priest's mind. If this works, hopefully it'll save his friends. If not, then he is glad Dehg wasn't here to witness this all.

[sblock=Actions]Extended Dominate Person against the priest, Will save 26. No change of instructions for the grappled guy.[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
[sblock= OOC raiders]
Oh, no. I wasn't expecting this to be a TPK.

I'm calling for spot checks in round 2.
[/sblock]

[sblock=spot DC 20]
As it turns out, the cleric guy is a disguised lich, but you weren'y able to pick this out on round one because your eyes had to adjust to the light. ethandrew, I will allow you to pick different actions.

He also has a different holy symbol, an eye in a pyramid. Not the usual symbol for priests of the ONE.
[/sblock]

[sblock=dead players]
You travel closer and closer to the bright light. As you approach closer to the end of the tunnel, a lich steps in front of you.

"I cannot allow you to pass," hisses the creature. "You are needed. Depart from the realms of death, and return to the world of the living.

You will all return (as per true resurrection) after the battle, as the lich explains, in his hissing way, that sending you dead people back into combat would leave you weaker and vulnerable to that priest down there.

A Knowledge (DUH!) check will reveal that the interceder is the Old God Vecna.

[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
[sblock=OOC ethanandrew]
Umm...undead are immune to paralysis. And hold monster is a mind affecting ability.

Are you sure you want to do that?
[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
[sblock=Uncertainty]Nooooo :\ Let me look over my spell list real fast. I'm leaning toward just doing dispels at the moment, so consider me readying my action to identify any spellcasting and then trying to dispel if I can with the appropriate spell, dispel if necessary. Who is left? Nathira and Latham?

Edit: I'd love to use my Alacritous Cogitation to Command Undead this guy, but Necromancy is one of my banned.

Okay, I've made up my mind. I can't stand back and dispel everything he's got, soooo how's this:

Alacritous Cogitation for Shadow Evocation, which will mimic Resilient Sphere. So I think that's Will Save 22 for him to believe the spell or not, and then Reflex 22 (It should be, since it's technically a 5th level spell), to be trapped in the sphere. Is that okay?[/sblock]

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
[sblock=OOC ethanandrew]
Janelle's still alive too.

The command undead would've been cool.
I gave you an orb of force scroll, don't know if you scribed that...
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
ethandrew said:
[sblock=Uncertainty]Who is left? Nathira and Latham?[/sblock]

[sblock]Nathira is alive... for now. Apparently, she can't hit the broad side of a barn, nor did she notice he was a lich despite being in MELEE COMBAT WITH HIM.

Not as though it matters, but if Nathira could have seen he was a lich, she wouldn't have bothered trying to stun him.

Nathira will be dead next round anyway, so I guess it's academic.[/sblock]

Remove ads