• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Theocracy

Jemal

Adventurer
"I wouldn't mind picking a fight, I've got one of those feelings about these guys, sis. I don't like them." Janelle glances up at the archers. "So how we doing this? And shouldn't we keep moving along so they don't see a group of people hanging around suspiciously? SOME of them might be alert"

Shayuri

First Post
Ilshana mutters a few words and twirls around in a quick pirouette. Waves of barely visible magic trail from her fingertips, engulfing the group and causing them to fade from sight.

"There we go. Being seen, no longer an issue. Just stay within ten feet of me while we work this out."

(invisibility sphere)

fenixdown

First Post
Van glances down at his apparently-invisible hands. "Hmm. Well, there are two ways in, and it looks like that -- " he points towards the south entrance and the sleeping guard, "will be the easier way. Hopefully those archers' ears aren't good enough for them to notice us."

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I'm going to assume that Caul has had time to use his psicrystal to create a psionic focus. He uses this for backup in case he's in a bad spot - normally, Caul uses his own psionic focus, as below.[/sblock]

"Let's take the north end instead," Caul says. "I have a plan to get us inside without too much trouble."

He focuses for a moment, then returns to clarity.

[sblock=Round 1]
Caul becomes psionically focused.
Move Action - Become Psionically Focused: Take 10 (+16) = 26 - vs. DC 20 SUCCESS

Caul uses Schism to manifest a second mind.
Standard Action - Manifest Schism: Base 7pp.

PP Reserve: 92
[/sblock]

Caul projects his mental force to influence both of the archers, intending to bring them under his mental control. Next, he turns his attention to the bored guard on the north side.

[sblock=Round 2]
Caul uses Psionic Dominate on the archers (primary mind).
Standard Action - Psionic Dominate: Base 7pp, +2 (2 targets), +2 (duration from concentration to 1 day), subtotal 11, -5 from class ability, total 6pp.
Will Save DC: 26 (base 22, +2 from pp spent to augment, +2 from Greater Psionic Endowment).
Note: Psionic Focus expended.

Next, Caul becomes psionically focused.
Move Action - Become Psionically Focused: Take 10 (+16) = 26 - vs. DC 20 SUCCESS

Next, Caul uses Psionic Suggestion on the bored guard (secondary mind). He suggests to the guard that, "This guard duty is soooooooo boring. No one would notice if you nipped off to the tavern for five minutes to have an ale. Nothing's going on around here anyway."
Standard Action - Psionic Suggestion: Base 3pp.
Will Save DC: 22 (base 20, +2 from Greater Psionic Endowment).
Note: Psionic Focus expended.

PP Reserve: 83
[/sblock]

Caul smiles. "Well then. Let's make our way inside."

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
[sblock=Raiders]
The previously bored guard runs off, obviously planning on getting drunk. The archers easily fall under Caul's control. 250 XP for Caul.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Autumn]
The Dream

Arast was walking slowly through a massive battle. Little by little, the group of people he knew as his companions died, yet nothing seemed to harm him. Arast walked dazed, stupidly through the battle toward a great white pyramid. As he climbed the steps, a red, blazing eye of fire opened, and turned toward him.

Arast woke up.

OOC: No, this bad dream does not prevent Arast from regaining spells. I'm not that cheesy.
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Satisfied, Caul and Nathira march inside the guard building from the north side. Act normally... reveal nothing to your superiors about our presence and you will not be harmed, Caul says telepathically to the archers.

fenixdown

First Post
Van stays close to Ilshana, watching the archers suspiciously. "Defer. Right." He takes out two ioun stones from his bag and holds them in his closed fists a moment. He then releases them to float around his head and makes his way into the building, trying his best to remain silent.

casting darkness on ioun stones

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Latham follows everyone in the bunched group, glad Dehg isn't around as his noise and large size would make this quite inconvenient. Although he does miss the simpleton's presence. He has a spell ready on his lips should their approach be discovered.

[sblock=OOC]He will be ready to cast Dominate Person at the first sign of threat. DC 26 Will Save.[/sblock]

Remove ads