The Torian Arena

Dragonwriter

First Post
Miri's face twists in a snarl of fury as she speaks a word so foul, so evil, it makes skin crawl to just hear it. The rock in her hand turns to shards, all falling to the floor as she turns her hand vertical. "There. Now you know what I mean," comes the flat statement. Her head turns to the half-orc. "Be glad I don't talk in that language all the time, tusk-face. Your thick little skull might explode." She giggles again and returns to her erratic pacing.

[sblock=EDIT OOC]
Using Baleful Utterance on the rock. Ka-Boom! :D

Yeah, I'm having some fun playing the unbalanced elf warlock.
[/sblock]

Lughart

First Post
"Because the air is stale, the room is cramped, my weapon isn't getting any sharper and she's the only one willing to give me something similar to a conversation! As much as i appreciate the chance to cut a bunch of wet cabbages to pieces every once in a while, it would be better not to be locked in with them in between! But if you insist, I'll shut up until MY BRAIN ATROPHIES!" By now Uuden is standing, his face is completely red, and one of the veins in his forehead is throbbing steadily. He sits back down with a sour expression and starts sharpening his glaive again.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Tuk watched the tiny rock shattering with scepticism, but said nothing.

"Yeah, do that. It's better for everyone." states the warrior, not even rising his sight to watch at Uuden's outburst.

Lughart

First Post
Uuden gives Kam the stare of death, while his Knuckles whiten around the haft of the glaive. "Anger makes blood flow and bones break. I'll hold my own." He wishes they would keep insulting him. He needs the anger, it keeps him strong. He vows to one day kill these men. Oh, it shall be glorious. But not today. Not now. Save the anger for the sands.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
A brief but loud cheer erupted from the crowd as the announcer was lowered from a levitated platform to stand directly above the 'stage', the man waving his hands to use an incantation to allow his voice to reach the stadiums of eager viewers.

"To begin the day's contests, we have fresh meat to the Torian Grand arena!" The announcers speech was cut off there by an elated roar from the crowd, before he waved his hand to indicate that they should calm down. Once they subsided, he cleared his throat and began again. "Of the fresh meat, we have a barbaric native to the remote Lluralothor plains bound for the gallows after murdering a man, but he put up such a fight for the guard they decided he'd pay his debt on the sands for your entertainment!" Another pause as the crowd erupted at the idea of a lawbreaker serving his penance right before their very eyes, before they slowly calmed down. The announcer was grinning ear to ear as he continued the introductions. "The second fighter for your pleasure is a twice over murderer with an exotic fighting style!" The crowd's excitement was palpable, and doubtless the excitement was 'infecting' both the contestants being introduced and whatever lay beyond the opposite door...

"Our third contestant for your enjoyment is a hulking brute of a man who couldn't even pay off his debt's has made a bit of a name for himself in the outer provinces... and why wouldn't he, when his skin is made of STONE!" The crowd gasped softly at the new information, curious about the foreigner. After all, it wasn't every day a living rock fought in the arena! "In any case, we'll see how he fares in the Grand Arena. Our third contestant is a wild child from the outskirts of the Raynal forests to our elven provinces. She was so dangerous to her own family a full mage hunting squad was dispatched to subdue her! The High Council of the Elves decreed that she'd be tested in the Grand Arena... we'll see how dangerous she truly is here, now won't we!?" The crowd cheered loudly, standing up and stomping their feet as the announcer basked in the volume of praise for the event upcoming... it would be a few moments until the match began yet, fortunately for those who were about to face off on the sands... or unfortunately, depending on their views...

[sblock=OOC]Two things are holding stuffz up. I've looked over DW's profile but I'd love a second opinion to make sure I didn't miss anything as I did not fine tooth it... though for the most part I trust you guys not to pull a fast one on me, since an arms race with the DM is tantamount to suicide anyhow... second thing is determining a method for producing a map... I don't have any programs really for doing this... I could only jack a pre-made map. Would anyone like to volunteer in this regard somehow? Perhaps one of my Co-DM's who aren't playing?[/sblock]

SolosAddie

Explorer
"Windbag, always going on about what's going to happen next, why not just let people see what's going to happen next,"" Kam complains, "humans are crazy."

Remove ads