The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Hearing the Barbarian go down, the Knight chuckles softly from his position sitting with his back to the wall a short distance away from Julianna.

"It seems the tides of war have shifted. Release me from my Parole, and I will accept your surrender in turn. Else I shall be just as free once the Zombies rend your flesh..."

El Jefe

First Post
Boog raced back to the door where Rowan had entered the building, crossbow in hand. He wondered how soon some enemies would come into view. If he couldn't do anything else, he'd shoot a zombie with his crossbow.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Not sure now why I was so convinced Juliana would drop it. I guess I thought zombies had 11 hps. I looked them up; they usually have 16. It's their AC that's normally 11. For what its worth, Rowan's flail attack is at +6 (+4 raging strength +2 BAB), so he would have hit AC 11 on that strike, doing 9 pts, reduced to 4, still probably not enough to drop it. If it did have an AC of 11, then Juliana would have hit it in round 3, too. Whatever's fine. It's tough going back to fix stuff retroactively. I'm fine with however it's handled.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: My narrative must have been more confusing than I intended... after the 9 hp, the zombie provoked an attack of opportunity and you hit him a second time.

El Jefe

First Post
OoC: I also think Boog should be able to act by now.
Round 1: Rowan opens door, Boog changes action.
Round 2: Rowan and Juliana fight, Boog reaches southeast corner of mill.
Round 3: Rowan and Juliana fight, Boog reaches northeast corner of mill, aborts plan to enter back door.
Round 4: Rowan takes damage and drops. At the very least, Boog should be back to the southeast corner of the mill, if not further. He should at least have line of sight to the south door to the mill, although that might not do him much good. Depending on how you adjudicate the movement, he may be closer to the door and may have LOS to something inside.
Round 5: Boog should be able to move to the door if not already there. Depending on what he sees when he rounds the southeast corner, he may not want to go that far.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Looks like I did leave the rage bonuses off of the attack roll! Sorry about that. Therefore, Rowan did hit the Zombie in round 4. That would bring total damage up to 15, leaving Z3 with one hit point left. Sorry about the error, and thank you for finding it!

As to Boog's actions, I seem to have messed those up as well... all the way back when I posted his round 2 action, which indeed should have happened in round 1. I'll change that retroactively too, but please try to point these things out as soon as you see them. In this instance I can fix it pretty easilly, but if it would cause us to have to "rewind" a whole battle, I probably won't be willing to fix something even if it was in fact my screw up.

A "contemporaneous objection" rule, I suppose. :)

So, in explanation, all of Boogs actions posted above for rounds 2 to the present actually happened one round earlier than was shown, as the round two action above was actually the roung one action that I told El Jefe he could revise.

Boog's Round 4 action is therefore to travel as far as possible from U1 back to his companions. A double move would get him to v13... a run would take him somewhat off course, but unless I miscalculate could get him to Z26.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Ahh, I missed the AoO that droped the one Zombie. However, in post 201, you'll notice I rolled an 11 to hit and missed Z3. If a Zombie actualy has an AC of 11, I should have hit there for 8, which would have then droped it later, allowing Rowan to escape.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: In this instance I can fix it pretty easilly, but if it would cause us to have to "rewind" a whole battle, I probably won't be willing to fix something even if it was in fact my screw up.

A "contemporaneous objection" rule, I suppose. :)
Actually, I was fine with everything up until post 210, when Boog seemed to drop off the map. My post 216 was a little bit of "thinking out loud" as I worked my way through just what happened.
Patlin said:
Boog's Round 4 action is therefore to travel as far as possible from U1 back to his companions. A double move would get him to v13... a run would take him somewhat off course, but unless I miscalculate could get him to Z26.
Boog will run to Y23, fast enough that he has to "swing wide" of the corner, but not so fast as to carry him too far south.

Patlin

Explorer
El Jefe said:
Actually, I was fine with everything up until post 210, when Boog seemed to drop off the map. My post 216 was a little bit of "thinking out loud" as I worked my way through just what happened.Boog will run to Y23, fast enough that he has to "swing wide" of the corner, but not so fast as to carry him too far south.

Boog wasn't mentioned in 210 because he went in the first part of the same round, see post 206. Unfortunately, as Bront points out, my attention to detail on this combat has left something to be desired... I'll review the battle in a bit, but it seems likely Rowan is a lot healthier than I gave him credit for. :)

Remove ads