The Unofficial Christmas Swag Thread

Xath

Moder-gator
I'll post the Christmas list, but Hanukkah is being celebrated tomorrow.

Obi-Wan Lightsabre -- It's plastic, extends to 3 feet and makes noise when you hit it.
Zelda 4-Swords for GBA
2 new miniatures
Meat Tenderizer
Sudoku Book
Tarot Deck
Pillow that says "I smile because you're my daughter. I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it."
Kitchenaid 5-quart Heavy Duty Mixer
2 Frying pans
Alan Alda's autobiography
3 guest hand towels
Serving Bowl

I made out like a bandit.

Uzumaki

First Post
Uzumaki Volume 2
Another manga called Cheeky Angel (sort of in joke)
A State Alchemist watch
A drawing guide
A fishing pole and tackle box
A bike light
Slippers and a "lap duvet"
A bunch of pistachios and dark chocolate bars

Also, harkening back (unfortunately) to that one thread on here about getting gifts you don't want, I got a set of golf clubs and a huge lesson package at a local course. I don't play golf, I don't enjoy it, and now I feel guilted into using them. I appreciate it, but all the same I wish I did not have it.

stevelabny

Explorer
So far I got the Serenity DVD, which is just about all you need, right?

I also got the Revenge of the Sith DVD, just to complete the set.

And 10 DC Direct action figures.
Chameleon Boy, Sinestro, and all eight Titans figures: Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Brother Blood, Blackfire, Ravager and Deathstroke!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
West Wing season I & I & II (sigh)
Feast of Crows
Robin Hobbs latest.
A new matress.
Analog subscription
January Dragon magazine
a rubber band ball

devilbat

First Post
My wife spoiled me and actually thought outside the box this year. She bought me a new pair of hockey goaltender pants (I bet I'm the only guy at En World who got those this year) that I needed badly, a subscription to Dragon, four shirts, a ton of socks and a Christmas ornament.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I guess my wife had to scramble at the last minute because relatives ended up getting me things she'd already got me. Sort of like me getting her a phone, and then me making her take hers back (if you followed along that thread).

Anyway, she had gotten me a flash drive, and a nut driver set for my drill, and my Dad and my brother-in-law got me those things. So, she had to take them back. Last night, making this wooden kitchen set for my daughter, she gave me an early gift - hex nut drivers for my drill, which saved me an enourmous amount of time. It still took 3 hours to make it, though.

She also got me some sunglasses (I broke my last pair), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on DVD, and a wicked cool Craftsmen laser tape measure. You know, without the actual tape. It's neat-o. My in-laws gave us a staggering amount of money. I'm not sure what to do with it, in fact.

My two-year old got so many presents, we didn't even open them all today. She still has more packages under the tree.

Tewligan

First Post
der_kluge said:
My in-laws gave us a staggering amount of money. I'm not sure what to do with it, in fact.
If you're totally stumped, I'll grudgingly take it off your hands. I don't want to, but I feel that I should help out in the spirit of Christmas.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
I think i was more spoiled than my 2 year old neice! I recieved

Descent: Journeys in the Dark boardgame from FFG (looks freaking awesome!)
Spell Compendium
Complete Arcane
BBQ grill (huge deluxe one I have been salivating over for nearly a year! Completly unexpected!)
5 booster boxes of D&D Miniatures (Underdark)
Kung Fu Hustle DVD
12 Monkeys DVD
Eraser DVD (I had asked for some older action movies and my first choice, Die Hard, couldn't be found in time)
2 Family Guy glasses
Paint Brushes (for miniatures)
5 packs of Pirates card game from Wizkids

I think I'm forgetting something but those are the ones that I remember off the top of my head. I am spoiled rotten....and I love it

RichCsigs

First Post
Veronica Mars season 1
Battlestar Galactica (new) season 1
Wonderfalls complete series
Going In Style DVD
James Darrin CD
Fozzy CD
Mr. Timothy novel

I'm very happy.

Remove ads