The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral answers, "I too hope for an easier solution. Still, allow me one more chance. I am quite certain that I have ascertained certain properties which will allow me a greater chance of success." Doral waits for everyone to stand back, and with Midian's help tries once more.

Disable Device
[roll0]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral carefully finishes interrupting the magical inscriptions in the road and senses a warm pulse that radiates outward from the runes. The energy fades from them leaving him certain that part has been disabled. He takes some time to jam the purely mechanical triggers that he can see to prevent the party from accidentally triggering the constructs while passing through. Finally he stands and waves to the party to signal it is safe to pass.

Now that you can move more freely you can examine the battle damage around the dome structure. There are fresh burn marks on the ground in a broken trail leading towards one of the smaller iris doors. It looks as if a group might have been running while being fired upon. Just outside the iris is a boot turned on its side with a pool of blood around it.

jkason

First Post
"That's not ominous at all," Midian says dryly as they note the bloody boot. He turns in place, his eyes looking for an assault position.

"I'm hoping this was from the mechanicals Doral just shut down. I'm not sure I trust our luck that much, though."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Not that I doubt your skills, Doral mate, " says Kraken, "but I reckon we need to get a shift on eh? Who wants to bet we need to get through there?" He gestures to the iris door with the bloody boot outside.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods. "Doral, can you get it open? Ideally without bringing those guardians down on us."

She grins nervously, indicating it's a joke...while at the same time making it clear it's not entirely a joke. That boot has her a bit rattled too.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Before attempting to open the portal, he first checks for traps or alarms and then to see if it is locked. If the iris does not have a simple mechanism for opening, Doral tries a different tactic. "I shall endeavor to employ magic before resorting to mechanical means," the beguiler says as he releases a spell and gestures towards the door.

OOC:
Find Traps w/ Perception check
[roll0]
If a trap is found, he'll stop further actions and alert the party. Else, he will attempt the iris. If unable to open, he will be casting knock on the iris.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral carefully inspects the control console near the door. It looks similar to the one you discovered earlier near the security checkpoint that was opened with a badge. There are several warning symbols that indicate that the door is designed for rapid closure and can result in injury if it is not clear when the close control is used. Midian nudges the boot and sees that the owner left more than their footwear behind when the door sealed. The source of the blood is the severed foot still inside. Careful examinations of the blast marks shows two different types. One type from the constructs you just saw, but other larger blast marks that must have come from the tower.
After some fiddling with the door Doral is able to activate the portal using the badge. The door opens with a hissing sound as each blade of the iris slides smoothly into the wall. The inner room is lit by a length of copper pipe a foot long lying on the floor. You see numerous blood stains and boot prints tracking it all over the room. There are large shields hanging from the walls along with racks to hold weapons. There are some shelves holding some miscellaneous equipment such as rope, climbing gear, and repair parts. Some of the equipment has been tossed on the floor making it look like someone searched through the equipment for valuables recently. There are concrete pillars spaced out to slow invaders progress through this area. There is another side room with darkened glass and a door that looks untouched. There is another open door at the far side of the room about 40' away. From the signs of blood and scuffs on the floor it looks like the group before you stopped here to bind their wounds before moving onwards. There are no signs of bodies so either there was no fatalities or the creatures of the ship made it here before you...

jkason

First Post
"So far, so good?" Midian whispers as they pause. "At least there aren't any tentacles or dripping sacs or whatnot? That's one better than most of our rooms this far."

The druid points to the open door. "Just in case, though, maybe we should follow the open doors to clear things before we open anything new?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Through the doorway you can see a long corridor with the right wall covered in darkened glass. The left side of the hallway has doorways at regular intervals. Some have been opened forcibly and show damage around the locks. At the far end of the hall is a set of double doors. They are slightly ajar. Everything in the hallway is dark save for your own light sources.

Remove ads