• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Themes Index

klofft

Explorer
I'm sure this has been asked before, so please forgive me. What other sources have there been for Themes besides Dark Sun and Neverwinter?

I have DS and I wanted to re-skin the themes for use in a more generic game and, frankly, I'm finding it pretty difficult for most of them. I haven't seen the ones in NV yet.

I'm trying to decide if there is enough to work with the look past the ones that clearly don't fit or if I should just skip them altogether.

FWIW, I do not have a DDI sub.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
The other source was a series of articles in Dragon Magazine, I believe in June or July. I believe those were also subscriber-only. These were more general themes rather than being setting-specific.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Yeah, there are a bunch of 'generic' themes and the Neverwinter ones can fairly easily be refluffed. I also think the Neverwinter themes are much better than the Dark Sun ones which are little more than an extra power and some more power choices on levelling. The Neverwinter themes, and some of the generic ones, add some nice touches that actually make a character a little bit more unique.

Without DDI, though, your only avenue is illegal so... get DDI.

Vael

Legend
The only thing I can add to this discussion is that IIRC, there are more themes planned for November's Heroes of Feywild book.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I would expect to see some coming up in the oriental themed stuff in Dragon next month or the one after.

But I have no information on this.

klofft

Explorer
Yeah, there are a bunch of 'generic' themes and the Neverwinter ones can fairly easily be refluffed. I also think the Neverwinter themes are much better than the Dark Sun ones which are little more than an extra power and some more power choices on levelling. The Neverwinter themes, and some of the generic ones, add some nice touches that actually make a character a little bit more unique.

Without DDI, though, your only avenue is illegal so... get DDI.

OK. So I can consider this properly, can someone tell me: if I get even a 1-month sub, can I DL all the Dragons and Dungeons to date? Because that could justify the price to get 2 articles.

Thanks in advance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads