There's A Diablo TTRPG (and boardgame) Coming!

Kickstarter launches in 2024!

Diablo-TTRPG-Corebook-Cover.jpeg

At BlizzCon 2023, Blizzard Entertainment announced a tabletop roleplaying game and a boardgame based on the Diablo series of video games. The TTRPG is slated for a 2024 crowdfunding campaign, and are being worked on in conjunction with the baordgame company Glass Cannon Unplugged and Genuine Entertainment, while the boardgame is set for fall 2025.

The TTRPG will share components and accessories with the boardgame. The system is an original system, and will use mechanics inspired by Diablo IV. It will explore the Sanctuary, with adventures in the overworld and underworld.

You can sign up for notifications over at Glass Cannon Unplugged.

This isn't the first Diablo TTRPG--back in 2000, WotC released the Dungeons & Dragons Adventure Game: Diablo II Edition for D&D 3E, written by Jeff Grubb and Bill Slavicsek. There were additional supplements, such as 2001's Diablo II: To Hell and Back (a dungeon crawl), and Diablerie (a world book).

mamba

Legend
Oh well, wife and I will just play though Grim Dawn for the 100th time again instead. :D 🤘
ha, I skipped D4 altogether, but GD I played forever. Waiting for the new expansion before picking it up again however.

Looking forward to it (to play) and dreading it (to update my tool, mod to its changes) ;)

@OsirisDawnEU
Agree with D4 being a disappointment. All the footage shown before release got me excited since it felt similar to D2 in tone.

Oh well, wife and I will just play though Grim Dawn for the 100th time again instead. :D 🤘
I couldn't get over the low enemy density. For all its flaws, D3 was a great game for me to relax with, because it was a truly endless stream of enemies. Them decreasing enemy density turned me off big time.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads