D&D Movie/TV There's A New Trailer For D&D: Honor Among Thieves

A brand new trailer for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie has just been released! The movie comes out March 31st. This trailer very much highlights the tongue-in-cheek nature of the movie and is filled with one-liners. The trailer also gives us a good luck at the Red Wizards of Thay, along with the mimic, the owlbear, and other iconic D&D monsters.

Last edited:

Clint_L

Hero
They're saving the subtle brainteasers, deep philosophical musings and discussions of how violence dehumanizes both the perpetrator and the victim for the next trailer.
I feel like maybe there is a middle ground between that and lazy hack writing. There are action films, yes even action comedies, that are cleverly written, believe it or not.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I feel like maybe there is a middle ground between that and lazy hack writing. There are action films, yes even action comedies, that are cleverly written, believe it or not.
Being mad that the D&D movie is trying to be a fun crowd-pleaser that appeals to the broadest possible audience is a weird complaint.

I love smart, fun action movies. They also get a smaller overall audience, especially internationally -- the smart stuff is literally harder to translate for an audience that now makes up the majority of action movie audiences. The studio just wants this to be Guardians of the Galaxy with Swords.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Tone feels right, effects are looking good and the actors are all charming. Still optimistic for the film to be good.

Interesting that the comments section is turned off on the YouTube page. (Edit: Comments were turned on after I posted this)

I imagine this released now rather than with Quantumania in a few weeks as either a way for WotC to try and change the conversation or as a way to gage if the OGL issue is effecting the brand as a whole.
I know we all, as hardcore D&D players and DMs, think this news is the most dominant and important news.

It's non-existent to the world at large for the most part. The people behind the movie, who are mostly in Northern Ireland, have almost entirely never even heard of the OGL. The people seeing the ads, almost entirely, have also never heard of it. Nothing which happens with the movie is motivated in any way by what's happening with the OGL and the people at WOTC working on the OGL have zero influence at this stage over anything with the movie and vice versa.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases