• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

THHKotS - OOC

Ginnel

Explorer
Have I ever told you how I've never played a forum post game before :p most things I'll probably pick up but heres my first question where do character descriptions/pictures go on the OOC page, or the IC one or do we just create a link to somewhere else with it?

I'll plant my dwarf cleric/warlord whatever I figure it out to be here later on tonight.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Just put the pic here and I'll copy it to the first post in the IC ;). There is usually also a Rogues Gallery thread where character sheets and images are put, but I think I'll just copy them all to the first post in IC once you've got them ready.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I present Thorid Kilkrag, the Dwarven rogue Fix-It Mechanic, who fixes stuff with a sharpened screwdriver (re-flavoured dagger). Mainly stuff that bothers him, like goblins. As a true dwarf, he's gruff and grumpy. Right now, he's out there, looking for a job, where he can "fix stuff" - though disassembling traps and similar things with a hefty thump of his screwdriver is also part of his abilities.

[sblock=Thorid Kilkrag, the Dwarven Fix-It Mechanic!]Thorid Kilkrag
Male Dwarf Rogue
Level 1, Unaligned

Str: 14 (+2)
Con: 14 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Int: 13 (+1)
Wis: 13 (+1)
Cha: 10 (+0)

AC: 15
Fort: 12
Ref: 15
Will: 11
Init: +3
Spd: 5

Hit Points: 26 Bloodied: 13
Healing Surge: 6 Per Day: 8

Basic Attacks:
Dagger: +6 vs. AC (1d4+2)
Shuriken: +6 vs. AC (1d6+3)

Attacks:
Deft Strike (dagger, at-will): Move up to 2 squares, +7 vs. AC (1d4+3)
Deft Strike (shuriken, at-will): Move up to 2 squares, +6 vs. AC (1d6+3)
Piercing Strike (dagger, at-will): +7 vs. Ref (1d4+3)
Torturous Strike (dagger, at-will): +7 vs. AC (2d4+5)
Easy Target (dagger, encounter): +7 vs. AC (2d4+3, slowed and CA (save ends both)); miss: half dmg and CA until end of your next turn.
Easy Target (shuriken, daily): +6 vs. AC (2d6+3, slowed and CA (save ends both)); miss: half dmg and CA until end of your next turn.

Feats:
Backstabber

Skills:
Passive Insight 16
Passive Perception 16
(T) Athletics (Str) +7
(T) Dungeoneering (Wis) +8
Endurance (Con) +4
(T) Insight (Wis) +6
(T) Perception (Wis) +6
(T) Stealth (Dex) +8
(T) Thievery (Dex) +8

Race and Class Features:
Cast Iron Stomach (+5 saving throws vs. poison)
Dwarven Resilience (second wind as minor action)
Dwarven Weapon Proficiency
Encumbered Speed
Low-light vision
Stand Your Ground
---
First Strike
Rogue Tactics (Brutal Rogue)
Rogue Weapon Talent
Sneak Attack (+2d8+2)

Exploits:
At Will: Deft Strike, Piercing Strike
Encounter: Torturous Strike
Daily: Easy Target

Equipment: Leather armour (25 gp), gagger (1 gp), 5 shuriken (1 gp), standard adventurer’s kit (15 gp), thieves’ tools (20 gp), 38 gp.[/sblock]Thoughts, so far?

Cheers, LT.

Blackrat

Hmm, so we have two dwarves and a wannabe-dwarf? Okay :D. I'd like for every character to know eachother from the start. Doesn't really matter how. For example LT's dwarf could be the other one's nephew or something...

So you are all present at the tavern table right now ;).

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Hmm, so we have two dwarves and a wannabe-dwarf? Okay :D. I'd like for every character to know eachother from the start. Doesn't really matter how. For example LT's dwarf could be the other one's nephew or something...
Huh... Thorid would make a good retainer for Korz Cragonstone, considering that "Fix-It!" may also involve doing the maintenance (oiling, rewinding, replacing damaged cogs and so on) for his clockwork armour! :D

Cheers, LT.

Blackrat

Yeah, that works very well too. So Thorid's thieves tools actually consist of tiny oil canister, wrench, winding keys etc :D

Ginnel

Explorer
Huh... Thorid would make a good retainer for Korz Cragonstone, considering that "Fix-It!" may also involve doing the maintenance (oiling, rewinding, replacing damaged cogs and so on) for his clockwork armour! :D

Cheers, LT.

That would be great, I was initially going to ask for a retainer but I thought it'd be a bit cheeky so I asked for shetland pony to carry the stuff instead

The Pony is Bar'ak "Daisy in Dwarvish"
Dark Brown colour with a black mane (think shetland pony in fact http://www.brockvilleshetlands.co.uk/pp/uploads/brockville/Venture_at_Devon_County_2007.jpg)
An oldish sturdy dwarven mining pony about as old the master its carrying cogs, plate sheets, springs and other replacement parts, she's about as selective in hearing and sight as her Master and has lost most of her teeth gifting her a slobbery gummy bite as nips on peoples backpacks robes and clothes in a goat like fashion.

Sounds like Thorid would know all about the workings of the armor, which is probably going to be equivilent of scale and I wouldn't mind it being upgraded to plate sometime through the adventure when I get to spend feats on it ;)
Korz would show pretty much ignorance over the contraption, although he appreciates it enabling him to get out and about again. The armor itself provides him with a leg from the thigh down (the original has been lost in a past adventure he may well tell sometime) on his left handside and assisted movement and power (this will be included in his str stat) for his arms and other legs as well as the obvious protection.
I wouldn't mind it having a rod poking out the top of a shoulder to which a lantern will dangle (no more than light around him in a burst 1 and dim light for burst 2) on the right hand side of his face where a non moving glass eye stares vacantly forward.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Thanks!

Well, given that you'd gone to all the trouble of putting up a Dragonborn Paladin, it seemed churlish not to use him!

Of course, as he levels up he'll change from whatever you thought of him at the start. Plus, once I've looked at the PHB I might request a swap of powers, if that's OK.

Blackrat

I too was thinking that it will prolly be equavalent to scale. And it's a great way of explaining how an extremely old dwarf can still have normal stats. Even if it has no mechanical basis you can easily say that his physical stats are really much lower but the armor makes up for it.

Blackrat

Thanks!

Well, given that you'd gone to all the trouble of putting up a Dragonborn Paladin, it seemed churlish not to use him!

Of course, as he levels up he'll change from whatever you thought of him at the start. Plus, once I've looked at the PHB I might request a swap of powers, if that's OK.

Yeah, sure. And no problem with you snatching it. It's the first 4e character I did for myself. I tried to build something balanced that could hold his own in a tough spot. But I really need to remember to remove the Weapon Focus benefits from the sheet in the IC thread :D. I see you forgot...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads