• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

This DM takes requests!

Question

First Post
We have way too many low level games at the moment. Something starting at level 20, "pretty much anything goes"(within reason, broken stuff like the frenzied berserker, etc not allowed), then heading into epic would be a refreshing change.

DiamondB

Explorer
I'd have to say I would love to play in a Shackled City adventure or Rappan Athuk. Of course, I'd also enjoy a shot at the Temple of Elemental Evil. I'd even vote for Age of Worms, but I'm starting a PbP of that one with some friends, so I think the thrill is gone for me there.

Question

First Post
Hmm planescape level 20 campaign would be an idea.....Gestalt is another option thats not often used, but i would want LA to take up both sides of the class, or else LA becomes ridiculously overpowered....

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Question said:
Hmm planescape level 20 campaign would be an idea.....Gestalt is another option thats not often used, but i would want LA to take up both sides of the class, or else LA becomes ridiculously overpowered....

Personally, I'd rather do a Planescape starting at about level 10, whether Gestalt or not is fine. I've never really like the idea of Epic as written, but I can see why others would like it.

Malvoisin

First Post
Holy cow! :D

Let this thread serve as notice to all those out there in PbP land, we need more DMs!

So many interested players, it's a truly great thing. Seriously, I wish I had the time to DM, like, 6 more games. But, I'm afraid I'm going to have to stick to one at a time. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. :)

Let's see, lots of people interested in Shackled City, and I agree. That looks like a really good one. Paizo is doing some outstanding work with their Adventure Path lineup (really, I should point out, all their Dungeon adventures, not only the AP stuff). One problem there might be that I have signed on as a player in Phyrrus' relaunched SC campaign here on the boards, and I'm not sure how he would feel about me simultaneously DMing and playing the adventure.

Lots of interest in higher level games, particularly Planescape type stuff. Any specific adventures or modules that would fit the bill? I'm not aware of any that are for 3rd edition, and I'm not sure I have the inclination to try a conversion. Unless there are any conversions for one of these adventures already in existence. If that's the case, I might consider one of the 2nd edition classics. Anybody know of such an animal?

Other notable mentions....

-Age of Worms....the other Paizo Adventure Path
-Updated classics, e.g., Tomb of Horrors, White Plume Mountain
-One of Goodman's Dungeon Crawl Classics
-Red Hand of Doom (Hmmm....I too like the look of that one)
-Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
-Rappan Athuk
-World's Largest Dungeon (This is an interesting product, but I don't have it, and the cost of buying it might be prohibitive.)

So many suggestions, and all good ones. Well, this isn't going to be an easy thing to decide, but keep your eyes open for a recruitment thread sometime relatively soon. In the meantime, any further comments or suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks for all your input everyone!

Malvoisin

Last edited:

Remove ads