• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

This is a Troll [meta-thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isolated In Immense Iced Igloos, Incredible Inedible Immature Insidious Imps Increasingly Itched Iritatingly Inside Issueing Indirect Inclinations Including Intolerable Isometric Invalid Intuitions Insufferably

I protest having to protest about protesting against protesters protesting about more protesting:) :( :eek: :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused: :) :D :cool: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: ;) :( :eek: :p :mad:

(Dude- this is whacked!)
/
:p

Darrin Drader

Explorer
megamania said:

dude- you need to do something otherthan Oathbound:rolleyes:

Points out that despite the fact that the product hasn't been announced yet, I do, in fact, do something other than Oathbound. Something for D&D in fact. But glad to receive the recognition for Oathbound (a very un-trollish sentiment for this thread).

Insists that Jdavis & Kriskrafts are the ones who are wrong, and go into a point by point diatribe about why. The points where these two had agreed with me are re-analyzed in order to point out the flaw in their thinking while continuing to support my original assertion.

As an aside, wonders what Hivemind would be like in meta.

Attempts to intercept megamania's marbles before Jonesy can hand them back.

Adds smileys for good measure :) :) :) :) :)

Bendris Noulg

First Post
jonesy said:
Kindly informs Bendris Noulg that he appears to be more neurotic than Woody Allen.
Gives long-winded speech that shows that I take message boards just way to seriously even though getting involved in this thread should have been evidence enough.

Attempts to bow out of thread by commenting on work needing to be done on long over-due website update.

Tosses in final snide remark about there not being enough Oathbound, the first setting in a decade to get me back into the spirit of being a Player instead of a DM.

Ends with clear and obvious Dune reference tainted by momentary nostalgia for The King (Viva Jim Butler! Viva Butlerian Jyhad!).

Last edited:

Dark Eternal

First Post
Logging onto EnWorld for the first time in a month, I note the existence of this thread. I then post some vague rules question about prismatic effects in Epic spells that I want to check back on in a few hours, and come here to waste the interim time. I carefully and methodically read every post, and open every single Story Hour link I come across in the process in another window. I randomly follow about 22% of the other links in the thread, and read the majority of most of the other threads that seem to be related to similar trolls. I then go back to all the miniturized windows and read all the Story Hour links that I had opened my first shot through. I come back to this thread and check to see if anything new or interesting has happened. Since I'm completely uninterested in the original troll, not to mention having no opinion regarding cabbages, soft drinks, Gilligan's Island, monkeys, cheese, The Lord of the Rings, good or bad drow, or just about anything else that's been brought in to fill the function of a sub-troll, I go back through the thread to see how many virtual newbies have posted. Deciding that there aren't enough, I break into the thread on the eighth page with a brief but monotonous interlude about love and kindness and Yes music, then proceed to list every single person who has posted to this thread inside huggle brackets, to show that I am unique and different.

(I maliciously omit Jack Daniel and Clay More from my mad huggle fest, as a very subtle comment on how much I hate their proposed alternate rangers. I add two extra huggle marks around EricNoah, as an all-too-blatant expression of hero-worship that I don't think anyone will notice. I somehow fail to observe that I have listed Arken twice. I debate with myself for five minutes on whether or not to list them all in alphabetical order, and finally decide against.)

{{{ Baraendur }}}
{{{ Alzrius }}}
{{{ Skarp Hedin }}}
{{{ Robbert Raets }}}
{{{ Dagger75 }}}
{{{ tleilaxu }}}
{{{ Dave Blewer }}}
{{{ Frostmarrow }}}
{{{ MonkeyBoy }}}
{{{ GreyShadow }}}
{{{ Bagpuss }}}
{{{ Horacio }}}
{{{ Darkness }}}
{{{ Talvisota }}}
{{{ DDK }}}
{{{ Numion }}}
{{{ Narrator }}}
{{{ hong }}}
{{{ Dinkeldog }}}
{{{ Ashwyn }}}
{{{{{ EricNoah }}}}}
{{{ Enkhidu }}}
{{{ Dextra }}}
{{{ HellHound }}}
{{{ ColonelHardisson }}}
{{{ MEG Hal }}}
{{{ Zhure }}}
{{{ Raistlin Majere }}}
{{{ brun }}}
{{{ Nail }}}
{{{ jaerdaph }}}
{{{ incognito }}}
{{{ Ashy }}}
{{{ Tallarn }}}
{{{ KB9JMQ }}}
{{{ Skade }}}
{{{ Kamikaze Midget }}}
{{{ Sniktch }}}
{{{ Timothy }}}
{{{ Left-handed Hummingbird }}}
{{{ carpedavid }}}
{{{ Arken }}}
{{{ Henry }}}
{{{ Sagan Darkside }}}
{{{ Breakdaddy }}}
{{{ Magic Rub }}}
{{{ Friadoc }}}
{{{ wolff96 }}}
{{{ Arken }}}
{{{ AaronLoeb }}}
{{{ Piratecat }}}
{{{ coyote6 }}}
{{{ Starman }}}
{{{ Azure Trance }}}
{{{ Femerus the Gnecro }}}
{{{ BigFreekinGoblinoid }}}
{{{ orbitalfreak }}}
{{{ haiiro }}}
{{{ Remathilis }}}
{{{ Kilmore }}}
{{{ MerricB }}}
{{{ Knightfall1972 }}}
{{{ Impeesa }}}
{{{ jonesy }}}
{{{ Jolly Giant }}}
{{{ FireLance }}}
{{{ jdavis }}}
{{{ Wayside }}}
{{{ Shapermc }}}
{{{ seasong }}}
{{{ Zappo }}}
{{{ Deedlit }}}
{{{ Redleg06 }}}
{{{ baradtgnome }}}
{{{ Silver Moon }}}
{{{ psijack }}}
{{{ Gez }}}
{{{ Vecna }}}
{{{ Deadguy }}}
{{{ Bugaboo }}}
{{{ Sciurus Rex }}}
{{{ Zaukrie }}}
{{{ Tom Cashel }}}
{{{ Ciaran }}}
{{{ Ray Silver }}}
{{{ Speaker }}}
{{{ Whodat }}}
{{{ Larry Fitz }}}
{{{ Jemal }}}
{{{ ninthcouncil }}}
{{{ cofbaron }}}
{{{ D-rock }}}
{{{ mistergone }}}
{{{ Eridanis }}}
{{{ Guilt Puppy }}}
{{{ Burne }}}
{{{ Kriskrafts }}}
{{{ dreadnought }}}
{{{ 8XXX{0}====> }}}
{{{ megamania }}}
{{{ Michael_Morris }}}
{{{ ichabod }}}
{{{ Bendris Noulg }}}

Feeling happy and clever about having proven my good nature, my uniqueness, and my anal-retentiveness, I go back to check out my thread on the Epic Prismatic stuff and see if it's gotten any hits yet. It doesn't occur to me that having posted all of this on the eighth page of a thread that's mostly died out means hardly anyone will notice it. Much later, when I finally realize this, I'll chalk it up to sleep deprivation.

jdavis

First Post
that was a scary list, it makes me feel the need to post another Mad smiley:mad: and then a roll eyes smiley just for the heck of it:rolleyes:

Being that I haven't fully outlined my argument against the argument presented in nearly a whole page I decide that now would be a good time to review all points I have made or agreed with in this thread, restating every post nearly word for word but this time with more feeling and subtle changes designed to make my arguement flawless. It fails miserably.

For the third time in a 24 hour period I depart this thread forever, in a huff vowing to never post to it again, knowing full well that I will check first thing tomorrow to see if anybody has replied to this post. I also vow to block everyone who's oppinion I don't agree with (which I don't for fear they will be talking about me and I will have no way to know about it).

Clay_More

First Post
You had too many {{ and }} 's around Eric Noahs name

{{{{{ EricNoah }}}}}

compared to the others in your list. Therefore, I cannot take your list serious Dark Eternal.
I must also repply that my Alt. Ranger has been playtested by Gary Gygax & Sylvester Stallone and its therefore the new official Alt. Ranger. I propose that you post your own Alt. Ranger. Comments that my use of permanent haste at 3 rd. level is a master-stroke, inspired by my visit in the Vatican.

Posts angry smiley :mad:

Clay_More

First Post
Asks that Megamania stops posting more than one repply at once. It is enjoying the other people at Enworld, which I think I have a holy right to protect.

post another mad smiley :mad:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Tallarn said:
Tries to make tough talk about calling out Kriskrafts and making him defend himself in order to prolong this now incredibly stupid long and pointless thread, instead ends up looking more like a graceless buffoon who can't take a joke.
Comes to Kriskrafts defense by accusing Tallarn of trying to make unnecessary trouble. Says that all readers of this troll can learn from Kriskrafts example, by taking the high road, and not responding to intimidation. Hopes that nobody realizes that Kriskrafts is also Silver Moon, who was using his wife's EN World account until Piratecat fixed the login problem.

Makes a comment related to Baradtgnome's new tangent about I Dream of Jeannie, stating how Barbara Eden has aged far better than either of the Gilligan's Island babes.

Finishes with a comment about the original post, this time agreeing with Baraendur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads