Thor: Love and Thunder spoilers

Arilyn

Hero
I see you must be British, as you add a "u" to humor, so I will not rag on you too much for your odd sense of humor, as compared to American humor. ;)

But like others have said, the humor in this is basically the same as in the Ant-man and Guardians movies, and, to a lesser degree, in a lot of the other MCU films.
It just felt like it was trying to have the same sort of humour and failing. I enjoy the Ant-man movies and Guardians. I laughed through most of Ragnarok. Love and Thunder has a few funny moments, but just doesn't feel the same. Pushed a step too far for me I guess? Humour's tricky.

Canadian, by the way. 😊

Thomas Shey

Legend
I see you must be British, as you add a "u" to humor, so I will not rag on you too much for your odd sense of humor, as compared to American humor. ;)

But like others have said, the humor in this is basically the same as in the Ant-man and Guardians movies, and, to a lesser degree, in a lot of the other MCU films.

Maybe the Guardians, but I think other than Scott's personal dry approach to things and his back-up band, most of the rest of those movies were pretty straight. They had some humor, but it was generally far less over the top than either of the last two Thor movies.

MGibster

Legend
Before watching this, I though Thor 2 was the worst Marvel movie. Or maybe Iron Man 2. Anyway, I prefer Thor 2 to this one. Bale did a great job of acting, but most of the story just fell flat for me. Balancing humor with tragedy is kind of a fine line to walk and they failed to do that when dealing with Jane's cancer. I would have much preferred to see a stronger focus on Thor's relationship with Jane, her choice to continue being a hero despite it accellerating her death, and having to deal with the fallout. But that probably would have been a less comedic movie which I would have been fine with. I thought all the actors did a fine job with their roles, but the writing just wasn't there.

Remove ads