Thor: Love and Thunder spoilers

I don’t know. The majority of the gods we are actually shown are from Earth cultures.

And on how many other worlds are they also gods? We may be humans, but we are also specifically Earthlings, so in a fictional universe there is nothing saying humans are not living on dozens, or hundreds, of other planets. Ancient Alien theorists say so.

pukunui

Legend
And on how many other worlds are they also gods? We may be humans, but we are also specifically Earthlings, so in a fictional universe there is nothing saying humans are not living on dozens, or hundreds, of other planets. Ancient Alien theorists say so.
Hence why I said "I suppose he could be lumping aliens in with humans." I still find it a bit weird, that's all.

Irlo

Hero
This one fell flat for me. It's just too goofy. Thor is better when he's funny AND taking himself seriously, and he wasn't taking himself seriously. Korg is not funny, and the narrations were especially not funny. I detected no chemistry between Hemsworth and Portman.

I loved the goats and the new fractured Mjolnir. I would have liked a more thoughtful reveal of Jane's character arc. Bale was quite good and menacing, but the shadow-monsters were boring (typical MCU fodder for big fight scenes ala Ultron's army and Thanos' army and Hela's army).

At least the movie as a whole wasn't boring (cough*Eternals*cough).

Hence why I said "I suppose he could be lumping aliens in with humans." I still find it a bit weird, that's all.
We have seen the inhabitants of the Marvel Universe. Most of them are indistinguishable from people from Earth, Or, like Gorr, are the same as earth people apart from skin colour/markings.

And there is no indication that these gods are limited to a single world, they may have followers across many worlds (Zeus was clearly known on Asgard for example).

So you are saying that humans are no longer humans if they are not from Earth? Does that mean if we colonize Mars, the first person born on Mars is no longer human because they were not born on Earth?

Arilyn

Hero
I found this movie full of cringe humour. There's a decent enough story but it's layered over with awful dialogue. The villain is pretty good, but we almost quit watching because the rest of it is so bad.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I think it may be because it was such a mixture of serious and silly, to the point it was too serious for the silly-lovers and too silly for the serious-lovers. I think the only thing off for me is that I may be getting tired of the Korg shtick. I almost feel like he is slipping into Jar Jar territory.
The only disagreement you'll get from me about Korg is that he has already previously slipped. Endgame Korg would have been better on the cutting room floor, and even some of Ragnarok Korg I could have done with less.

It's funny - the whiplash between serious and silly to me seems like a core value of MCU. This, the GotG movies, and the Ant-man movies are upfront about it, but starting with neurotic Tony "I'd like a cheeseburger" Stark from the first Ironman and we've had this.

Ryujin

Legend
The only disagreement you'll get from me about Korg is that he has already previously slipped. Endgame Korg would have been better on the cutting room floor, and even some of Ragnarok Korg I could have done with less.

It's funny - the whiplash between serious and silly to me seems like a core value of MCU. This, the GotG movies, and the Ant-man movies are upfront about it, but starting with neurotic Tony "I'd like a cheeseburger" Stark from the first Ironman and we've had this.
I would say that the MCUI movies are the closest thing that we have to '80s action movies, these days, and I'm sure that they're doing it on purpose to play on people's nostalgia for that sort of thing. And it works.

I found this movie full of cringe humour.

I see you must be British, as you add a "u" to humor, so I will not rag on you too much for your odd sense of humor, as compared to American humor. ;)

But like others have said, the humor in this is basically the same as in the Ant-man and Guardians movies, and, to a lesser degree, in a lot of the other MCU films.

Remove ads