Thor: Love and Thunder spoilers

When they first go to Omnipotent City, and Thor is fangirling over Zeus, and the Zeus mentions some sort of competition to see which god has the most human sacrifices, and then Thor’s like “Maybe he’s not so great after all.”

But then at the end, Zeus is complaining that nobody worships him anymore.

So who’s doing the human sacrifices? I suppose he could be lumping aliens in with humans. But still … just seemed kind of weird.
Why? The gods of many worlds were present. There is no reason to suppose Zeus was referring to Earth.
I would also suggest that Stormbreaker has dog-level intelligence. There is no reason to suppose it understands the complexities of the situation.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Eh. That gag was good once, but the repeated use was one of the things that I thought was forced comedy.

Its one of those things that really worked for some people. My wife apparently thought it was funnier every time it happened. I'm more with you (of course I'm also the person that found the first 2/3 to 3/4 of the movie mostly left me cold, while liking the last part, so...)

Ryujin

Legend
Its one of those things that really worked for some people. My wife apparently thought it was funnier every time it happened. I'm more with you (of course I'm also the person that found the first 2/3 to 3/4 of the movie mostly left me cold, while liking the last part, so...)
Waititi frequently beats a joke to death, in his works. After more than 300 years on Earth, Laszlo Cravensworth still hasn't learned that he doesn't need to shout "BAT!" in order to turn into a bat.

I'll give him a pass on it, though, for all the stuff he does, that does work.

That was a joke? I just thought it was a realistic depiction of giant space goats. I mean normal earth goats are scary enough! There is a good reason giant goats are in the Monster Manual.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Waititi frequently beats a joke to death, in his works. After more than 300 years on Earth, Laszlo Cravensworth still hasn't learned that he doesn't need to shout "BAT!" in order to turn into a bat.

I'll give him a pass on it, though, for all the stuff he does, that does work.

Sometimes I can give it a pass. Sometime, the joke has an annoyance or problematic factor to it that's less forgivable.

This has to be the me of the worst mcu movies I’ve seen

Positives
The beginning with guardians
Bale was good in the shadow realm
Good guns roses
The hammer and Jane plus her condition
The bad
Special effects at times are really bad. The creatures carrying the kids looked power ranger bad
Zeus-obviously a great actor but most of that scene was bad. The lightning bolt looked like something out of the target store Halloween aisle. At the end was that some villains watching them leave
The kids- awful acting. The best kids in my local theater area are better
Matt Damon and was that his brother-just didn’t fit. Good actor but not feeling that

I can’t tell if this was comedy like spaceballs . I literally fast forwarded through Thor and Jane scenes as they were that bad

Big step down from ragnarok. At times it felt like an old 80’s movie like Freddy Krueger. Not scary but just awful

There’s not a single actor/actress I don’t like normally and there was no 1 performance that ruined it . It was just crap. I watched this and the extended cut of Jurassic park . Both bad but if I had to rewatch I would choose Jurassic

Remove ads