Threads being marked as read

mudbunny

Community Supporter
When I logged in this morning, I noticed that in the forums I frequent, all of the threads had been marked as read, even ones that I had never, ever read before.

Is this part of the de-slowifying of ENWorld?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Interesting, I noticed this yesterday, but only in the Creature Catalog forums. This morning, the other forums seemed fine.

freyar

Spoke too soon. Seems like I had quite a few threads get marked "read" today also, at least judging from the meta forum.

Fanaelialae

Legend
Yeah, happened to me too. Whenever I refresh the screen tracking my subscribed threads, it marks everything the screen showed previously as read (even though I didn't read them).

Also, I just responded to the thread Why Defenses (saves)?, and now that thread isn't being removed from my subscribed threads list, despite that it has been read. It shows as read, but every time I refresh it's still there.

EDIT: This thread now appears on my subscribed threads list as well, despite that I'm the most recent poster (and therefore all posts have been read).

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
My guess is that everything is "read" by default, excepting only those threads that contain new posts that were posted after the last time you loaded or refreshed that forum page.

[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] could tell us what's going on here, I'm sure.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Meta and the 4E forum have been totally marked as read for me yesterday and today. General is working the right way, though.

freyar

As another data point, my account appears to have had all threads in all forums marked as read during my afternoon yesterday. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like that happened when I logged out yesterday around 4:45PM Central ST. However, last week it definitely happened while I was still logged in.

Remove ads