• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Three cheers for Mearls and Co.!

Feeroper

Explorer
I wholeheartedly agree! This is the version of D&D I dreamed of, and quite frankly it is really satisfying to see it all come together so wonderfully after what seemed like a long and rigourus play test. I love that I can see elements of all other editions of D&D seamlessly woven in like a perfect fit. It kinda just feels like this has always been the game all along, like it was just a no brainer. Like others have said, it is just surrounded in an atmosphere of passion for the game and they have been taking all the rights steps so far. It is really refreshing to see them take ahold of the game again so confidently.

i am definitely all in for this edition.

The Hitcher

Explorer
Not to put a pessimistic tone here, but Christmas is coming, and that is usually when WotC tends lets go of their creative staff.

Let's keep the negativity out of this thread, please. There are plenty of other threads for that, and I started this one as an antidote to them.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Let's keep the negativity out of this thread, please. There are plenty of other threads for that, and I started this one as an antidote to them.

Hear, hear! Let's keep the good vibes rolling - and for my part, I find a well designed, enticing RPG that makes me want to run it for new players and give them the bug!

minitrue

Explorer
Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

I have to be honest, my statement wasn't about being negative, it was just a fact that I found funny based on what davemage posted. See it's funny because it's true. It's also only negative if you take it that way. To quote Obi-Wan 'you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.' I want 5e to be a success, whether I ever play it or not, I'm in a long running Pathfinder campaign now, and our group has no current plans to change. But a successful DnD brand is great for the rpg industry, the success of Pathfinder my be good or bad, but mention pathfinder in mixed company, some people may think your talking about an SUV, some may thinking your talking about a military school, some a boat. But mention Dungeons and Dragons, unless they've lived under a rock for the last 30 years, everyone know D&D.

But a few questions for you:

Does WotC cut it's talent every December - No.
Do they only cut the talent in December - also No.
But it just seems that when the big name talent is let go, it happens in December and en mass.

Now, here why I didn't view my statement as negative. Look at Enworld Wotc Ex-Employee list http://www.enworld.org/forum/showwiki.php?title=Ex-WotC-Employees, are they all still making pen and paper rpgs - again No, but the majority of them are, either making other d20 products or other games for other systems, or creating their own systems. I think a positive for the rpg industry.

I could certainly drop negativity about WotC, that's like shooting fish in a barrel, all too easy. Don't like my comments or don't find them humors, sorry to hear it. But drawing me back, only causes me to respond, which may offend your point of view.

Evenglare

Adventurer
If you truly didn't intend a negative tone then why did you say...

"Not to put a pessimistic tone here, but.... " implying that you DID without a doubt know that this would be taken negatively. Why even put that if you wanted people to make their own decisions about what you wrote? Why not say "To add to the positivity around here, wizards lets go most of their big names around christmas!" .

The Hitcher

Explorer
Don't like my comments or don't find them humors, sorry to hear it. But drawing me back, only causes me to respond, which may offend your point of view.

I'm not offended by your point of view. It's just completely off-topic for this thread, and could easily trigger the kind of negativity-producing arguments I was trying to get away from. And as Evenglare said, you yourself acknowledge that what you said could be seen as negative. So please have that conversation elsewhere, is all I'm asking.

minitrue

Explorer
I'm not offended by your point of view. It's just completely off-topic for this thread, and could easily trigger the kind of negativity-producing arguments I was trying to get away from. And as Evenglare said, you yourself acknowledge that what you said could be seen as negative. So please have that conversation elsewhere, is all I'm asking.

Actually it wasn't off topic, I even quoted what brought about the comment to begin with. You and Evenglare keep drawing me back here by telling me I'm wrong, for intruding on your positive thread. I explained my comment, and if you don't like it, ignore it. But keep quoting me and chastising me for my comments just brings me back.

Huzzah! I'm so excited for the Player's Handbook, The Monster Manual and the DMG, I can hardly wait. I think this edition looks extremely promising and I hope Wizards will support it for many, many years to come :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads