• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tiefling Warlord for KotS + Extra Skill Challenge

Cobblestone

First Post
"Lead" the Attack

Is it just me, or does the Lead the Attack daily lend itself to leading from the rear? Seems you're better off using it after everyone else in the party has already gone.

C-Stone

Lizard

Explorer
Green Knight said:
Leader = Healer. For whatever reason they decided not to call the role Healer. But that's essentially what the Leader is. Someone who heals/buffs their allies and keeps them fighting.

Probably because marketing said no one wanted to be a "healer". So instead, we get "leaders" who might not, y'know, actually lead. (In 3e, at least, the leader was usually the rogue or bard due to social skills.)

Cobblestone said:
Is it just me, or does the Lead the Attack daily lend itself to leading from the rear? Seems you're better off using it after everyone else in the party has already gone.

C-Stone

Why do you say that? You give everyone else +5 to hit (or only +1 if you miss your attack). Anyone who went before you doesn't get that bonus. Of course combat rounds are cyclical anyway, you're always going both before and after everyone else, unless it's the first or last round of combat.

Mengu

First Post
Verys Arkon said:
Is the Warlord's Reflex 1 shy?

10 + 4 Int + 1 light shield = 15, not 14?

Or am I missing something?

We don't really know for sure if light shields are treated the same or differently for reflex saves, but the odds are it's just one more oversight.

There's something amiss with the Dragonborn Paladin's Defenses too, like they forgot to add his class bonus.

Gargazon

First Post
Cadfan said:
There's also a feat called Inspiring Recovery, which I bet augments this ability. Maybe lets it grant a saving throw or something.

I'd bet Inspired Recovery lets the Warlord add their Cha modifier to healing with Inspiring Word, so it'd be something similar to the Healing Hands that the Paladin gets.

I also really like the flavour of the warlord compared to the Cleric - the cleric number crunches while the warlord plays chess.

Rechan

Adventurer
Gargazon said:
I also really like the flavour of the warlord compared to the Cleric - the cleric number crunches while the warlord plays chess.
The Tactical warlord, at least.

The Inspiring one seems to be the non-divine paladin. He rides in and everyone is better defended and healed while in his presence.

DevoutlyApathetic said:
If by "several" you mean 4 and by "months" you mean "weeks". The theory left is they completely axed a class ability a month and a half before launch.
Heh, I gauged the time by how far back in archives it was, forgetting the amount of articles there have been lately.

Remove ads