D&D 5E Tomb of Annihilation campaign recaps

Nebulous

Legend
Artus has been in the group for a while now, but frankly, it is overpowering and they rely on him too much. I introduced a failsafe though, and that's if he uses offensive magic from the Ring he has nearly a 100% of getting possessed and turning on the party. Even then though, his hit points and damage output are way better than the PCs, so I'm planning on a way to remove him from play, i'm tired of it.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Artus has been in the group for a while now, but frankly, it is overpowering and they rely on him too much. I introduced a failsafe though, and that's if he uses offensive magic from the Ring he has nearly a 100% of getting possessed and turning on the party. Even then though, his hit points and damage output are way better than the PCs, so I'm planning on a way to remove him from play, i'm tired of it.

Yep that's what I thought when I first saw him. I've been playing him as being carefree on the surface, but secretly holding a heavy burden. I would have him look as if he is about to turn on the party, only just hold it together and then when the situation is over announce that he is going to go his own way as the rest of the group (except Dragonbait) are no longer safe with him around.

Nebulous

Legend
Yep that's what I thought when I first saw him. I've been playing him as being carefree on the surface, but secretly holding a heavy burden. I would have him look as if he is about to turn on the party, only just hold it together and then when the situation is over announce that he is going to go his own way as the rest of the group (except Dragonbait) are no longer safe with him around.

Dragonbait has been sent back to Mezro to wait for him. Right now, story wise. Artus and the party have the same goal of killing Ras Nsi, but that's going to be HARD as hell, and many months of game time.

Nebulous

Legend
There is almost a 100% chance that Artus Cimber will be possessed by the Ring of Winter next session, and that will probably mean the PCs have to either try to kill him or run from him. But by "killing" Artus I've already decided that an impenetrable block of ice will surround him, courtesy of the Ring, and keep him in a weird suspended animation state. I don't really want him hanging around the campaign too much longer. It's been fun, but he needs to wrap up one way or another.

EDIT - not the next one sequential after #16, we are actually further ahead in the timeline.

ajanders

Explorer
Nebulous, I appreciate your recaps of this path. At this point, I don't think I'm ever going to get to play this path, so it's nice to hear about it.

Remove ads