• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tournament of Champions CR .5 to 5 (Archive)

Mippadon

First Post
A stunned musteval guardinal tugs at his whiskers, "But... but... Luparo? Losing? No..."

OOC: While Luparo does appear to have violated the letter of the law, it doesn't seem to this NG fan that he violated the spirit of the law; he flew as low as 5z and got stabbed in the lupistan for it.

The guardinals petition for an asterisk! :p

PJSlavner

Explorer
Luparo should not be forced to lose. Any other time a combatant would have lost by virtue of not being in the Victory Zone, Gansk has given a one round warning. I have begun thinking that there was some sort of signal in the arena to let combatants know when they are about to lose by virtue of not being in the VZ. I think the combat should be rewound to the round that Luparo should have to touch ground in the Victory Zone.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Well, I'm fine with Luparo taking this turn to drop to 0z right where he's standing too, which might be the easiest way forward.

Gansk

Explorer
I'm sorry, I forgot that Luparo was hovering at 5Z and assumed he was on the ground. If you notice Luparo's rolls, you'll see that I did not give him +1 to hit for higher ground, so it would be best to assume he landed at 0Z in round 6.

Thus Luparo was at 105N45E since round 6.

We'll back up to Fishboy's turn in round 10. He cast an obscuring mist, but he has a move action left.

Fishboy:[sblock]Luparo is now occupying the space you want to move to.[/sblock]

ugulu

First Post
Gansk said:
We'll back up to Fishboy's turn in round 10. He cast an obscuring mist, but he has a move action left.
A call of "nicely done" tumbles down from the LE arena.

No is quite sure what creature gave props to the big dino...but the cameras do record the carnage as it gets shredded by it's colleagues for recognizing the spirit of the rule. ;)

Good call - would have sucked to punish either side in this grudge match.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Hmm... need a sekrit GM message:
[sblock]
Can Luparo locate Fishboy splashing the water via a Listen check as a free action?
If so, use the last cone of cold to blast in that direction, centering the cone on the splash.

If he can't, he'll still try the cone of cold, putting his right-hand side of the cone straight down south so that the left-hand side angles to the south-east.

That then wraps up all of his offensive spell potential - all mms and cones gone. Hope he doesn't have to wait for the slow to go away...
[/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
Luparo:[sblock]Yes, you hear Fishboy sploshing around at 95N55E.[/sblock]

Fishboy:[sblock]You feel a blast of cold, but you are unaffected by it.[/sblock]

Round 11!

Remove ads