Trailblazer Teasers (collected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meomwt

First Post
Free PDF? Dang tootin'.

Wulf, you are a class act. I've used the Encounter Designer from Pathfinder for the session-and-a-half of my new campaign that we've managed to complete and only managed to take two PC's down to 0HP so far.

So fairly well-balanced, then. ;)

If I get to see a print copy over in the UK, I'l buy it. Or maybe get one mail-order. Who knows? So far, what I've used has worked, so I'm a happy camper all round.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Is Trailblazer fully OGC? Or only parts of it?

All the rules. I've only closed off my design notes/essays.

It's very clear what's OGC and what isn't. If the page has an OGL logo in the margin, all the text on that page is open content, unless the text is in a grey box. Such "grey matter" text outlines notes, design philosophy, redirects the reader to changes, and so on.

My grey matter is my Product Identity.

(And artwork is never Open Content. My freelance artists own their work.)

So the day's finally here, and I just wondered, has there been a delay, or did I screw up and not go through the right steps and missed the notification?

I apologize for sounding impatient though, I'm just really anxious to look over the full product is all.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
So the day's finally here, and I just wondered, has there been a delay, or did I screw up and not go through the right steps and missed the notification?

I apologize for sounding impatient though, I'm just really anxious to look over the full product is all.

No, you didn't miss it.

There were an awful lot of folks who downloaded the last preview that did not include their email address-- almost half. And while I do anticipate some hiccups, this is not a hiccup.

This is just me giving myself-- and everyone else-- a couple of days to enjoy and absorb Pathfinder.

Ahh I see, perfectly understandable, just wish I were one of the crowd that was interested in pathfinder.

I just really hope that I did things right to make sure my email was given to you.

DItheringFool

First Post
There were an awful lot of folks who downloaded the last preview that did not include their email address-- almost half. And while I do anticipate some hiccups, this is not a hiccup.

This is just me giving myself-- and everyone else-- a couple of days to enjoy and absorb Pathfinder.
So you haven't released your treasure yet? I get emails all the time from vendors through RPGNow because I have the Show Name and eMail options turned on - were we suppose to do something special or is this what you mean?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
So you haven't released your treasure yet? I get emails all the time from vendors through RPGNow because I have the Show Name and eMail options turned on - were we suppose to do something special or is this what you mean?

That's what I meant. I can query RPGnow for a list of all the people who downloaded the product. I have a list of every download, with every combination of name and/or email address turned on/off. Some folks I have both, some folks I have only a name (but no email), some folks I have only their email (but no name), and some folks I have neither.

I am certainly not averse to weeding out folks who can't clear a "minimal effort" hurdle towards free product. I definitely don't want to prevent anybody who has a sincere interest in Trailblazer from getting the PDF for free, so I'll do what I can to make sure that happens.

I assume folks know this isn't a nefarious scheme to collect emails or market anything to anybody-- just the easiest way for me to contact everyone in one emailing.

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey Wulf,
May I make a request?

Could there be in the pdf, or the print verison, or as a seperat release: a one page or so quick reference guide for players?

In a number of games with APs I see players (myself included) who forget what they can use APs for. And especially with APs becoming more common, but what they do being different in each game I think a reference sheet I can hand my players would be a big help.

BTW, I am looking to run TB at an upcoming game day, I will give you some in game feedback after it.

And lastly, I tried to email you through ENW and it said email was disabled by the administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads