• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Traipsing Across Khorvaire - High Adventure in Eberron

Widowmaker

First Post
"I think we should start by getting some littes made. I would assume some some of the sailors left should be able to work some wood. I hope some would be able to sew, if not a few of the women should be able too. If not we will figure something out. Why don't you start getting the sailors going. Spilt them in half - half working on litters, the other half gathering supplies. I need you to get the sailors going. I will make an announcement to the passengers and crew. Lets be out of here by midday." Aalic will state.

Aalic will make his way to a central point were most people can see and hear him. "Everyone listen up! We are leaving here today. We are heading north to Drum Keep. I need the sailors to report to Burghis."

"Passengers, I know this will be tough, but I need you to start gathering food and supplies. Firewood, backpacks, hatchet, waterskins, and such, leave behind useless things they will only weigh you down. We are going to move out. We are going to take the wounded. It is going to be slow, but I not going to leave anyone behind. We need to be ready to go before midday. The sooner we start the sooner we get to the Drum Keep."

Aalic will wait for people to start moving, once they do he will start making rounds to make sure things are getting done. He will make sure to vist Phira after a few minutes.

Ferrix

Explorer
Kor'bin

Kor'bin shifts his stance slightly, muttering to the others, "something big, perhaps an ogre." He glances around, seeing if he can pick out the wavering of an invisible foe (Spot +4), his ears perking in case he hears footsteps or chanting or such within reach of his longspear (Listen +4).

OOC: Readying for a charge with the longspear; Threaten 10' with longspear, 5' unarmed; Combat Reflexes lets me get AoO even when flat-footed (of which I can get 5 per round). Longspear +6 melee (1d8+6, 20/x3) or Unarmed +5 melee (1d6+4, 20/x2)

Starman

Adventurer
Aalic

Burghis nods at your instructions and moves on to carry them out. Before long the sailors are moving about as ordered.

Everyone stops what they are doing to listen to your announcement. It is clear that the previous night's excitement has worn off. There is some grumbling about the work and some jaws drop at hearing about making the long trek to Fort Drum on foot. It's not rebellious dissention, though. It's just people complaining because they are in a bad situation and there are no easy solutions.

After a couple of hours, things are progressing smoothly and you see no reason why you should not be able to depart by midday.

Starman

Adventurer
Silver67, Telinor, Kor'bin

Telinor glances at Kor'bin and says, "This place is getting awfully crowded." He prepares to cast a spell if anything threatening comes over the hill.

Silver hears a chant and sees something flash in the corner of his eye before feeling a horrible burning pain in his left side. An arrow covered in some acidic substance is sticking out from under his arm. [4 points of damage]

Kor'bin hears the chanting the signalled the casting of some spell, but can't pinpoint exactly where it came from. It sounded like it was off to the left, not to far from Silver, but it is hard to be sure. The warforged is about thirty feet in front of you.

The goblins have obviously seen enough and they turn and retreat.

Silver turns back to see if his companions are all right and, seeing they are, looks around for the invisible foe.

Over the hill, in front of the fleeing goblins, a massive figure stomps out of a group of trees. It is stooped over, but still twice as tall as a normal human. Coarse brown hair covers thick corded muscles. Two heads are mounted on its wide shoulders. In one hand it holds a club; the other clutches a flail. It bellows something unintelligible and then crushes one of the goblins.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"This doesn't look good. Let the flame guide our blows."

If Silver acts before the monster, Silver moves towards the larger creature (trying to position himself between the monster and the mage). He casts magic weaponl in a hurry.

If he acts after the creature gets it's first swings in, Silver will charge if applicable or make a regular attack. (Action point if the dice show 9-14 on the attack roll or the same on a critical confirmation roll.)

Starman

Adventurer
Aalic

Phira is too busy to talk when you see her, but she promises to find you later. After an hour or so, she comes up to you. She is clearly tired and you sense a hint of worry. The healer smiles and says, "What did you need?"

Widowmaker

First Post
"I just wanted to check on you. I know you have had a tough time. And I am worried about you and the injured. I wanted to thank you for all you have done." Aalic state. "You look tired. Is there anything I can do for you?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads