• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Traipsing Across Khorvaire - High Adventure in Eberron

Starman

Adventurer
Aalic

You walk the camp and everything seems to be in order. There are two sailors on watch and two passengers. Everyone else is laying down, most asleep after the long day. The wounded have been put in the center. Most of the dead have been piled up about fifty yards from the camp.

Widowmaker

First Post
Aalic

Aalic will try to find a blanket and an area near one the fires.

Aalic talk to one of the sailors on guard. "I am going to be sleeping over there (pointing to an area that is available) if you need anything wake me."

Aalic will proceed to go to sleep.

Starman

Adventurer
Silver67, Telinor, Kor'bin

Telinor sees a group of three goblins standing together and takes the opportunity. Arcane chants issure forth from him. All three of the squat creatures tumble to the ground. [Cast sleep.]

The goblin leader also chants something and he disappears from view. Telinor shouts "He's invisible!" [Spellcraft roll= 15+11= 26, success]

Kor'bin feels a slight tremor in the ground as he waits for the goblins to attack.

The two goblins that had been searching in your area charge Telinor. They both swing wildly with their morning stars and miss.

Another goblin charges out of the darkness toward Kor'bin, trying to catch him unawares. Unfortunately, Kor'bin was waiting for trouble and easily skewers him on the end of his spear. [Attack roll= 19+6= 25; Damage roll= 2+6= 8]

You all can see and hear more of the creatures running toward you.

Silver67 rushes one of the goblins that attacked Telinor. His sword swings down in a few quick, powerful arcs and the goblin is split apart spraying gore over everyone around. [Attack roll= 19+5= 24, threat; Confirm roll= 11+5= 16, success; Damage roll= 5+2= 7*2= 14]

Starman

Adventurer
Aalic

Aalic falls to sleep after a little while, but doesn't sleep well. Your dreams are troubled, though you recall none of them when you awake in the morning. The sun is just peeking over the horizon. Some in the camp have stirred, but most are still sleeping, no doubt exhausted from the stress of the previous day.

Burghis comes up to you looking like he got even less sleep than you did. He has two steaming mugs in hand and he offers you one. It is tea and it smells wonderful.

"Well," Burghis says, sipping at his drink, "what's the plan for today?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Kor'bin flicks the blood from his spear, spinning it in defensively, he will advance to protect Telinor lashing out with the tip of his spear at the remaining goblin near him.

OOC: Threaten 10' with longspear, 5' unarmed; Combat Reflexes lets me get AoO even when flat-footed (of which I can get 5 per round). Longspear +6 melee (1d8+6, 20/x3) or Unarmed +5 melee (1d6+4, 20/x2)

Widowmaker

First Post
"Thanks, this tastes wonderful." Aalic will state "You know I had a terrible dream that I was in a fight. The airship I was on crashed."

Looking around Aalic state "Ohh I guess it wasn't a dream. Bad joke I guess."

"Before the Iron Hammer went down. The Captain and I discussed what we should do. He thought we should either head west or north. I think north is safer. We should head for Drum Keep. Unfortuneately we have some wounded. But if they stay here they won't get any better. And if only a few go for help there is no guaruntee they will make it. So I figure we gather up our supplies, make some litters, and head out as soon as possible. What do you think?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Silver will attack any goblins that he can see and move to attack. If that isn't an option, he takes this round to cast magic weapon on his blade and take a move action to put himself between the wizard and any perceived threats.

Longsword +5 melee (1d8+2)

Starman

Adventurer
Aalic

Burghis grins. "Yeah, I had that dream, too. Except I grew wings and flew away before the crash." The sailor listens to your plan. After you're done talking, he sits there for awhile. He nods and says, "I can't think of a better idea. Getting all of these people there is going to be difficult, but what else are we going to do? If only I could grow wings like in my dream, things would be much easier, eh? But dreams are for the Kalashtar; where do we start?"

Starman

Adventurer
Silver67, Telinor, Kor'bin

The mage makes a few wild swings with his quarterstaff at the goblin in front of him, but fails to hit it. [Attack roll= 9+1= 10, miss]

Kor'bin glides up to Telinor and easily skewers the creature for him. It squeaks and crumples to the ground.[Attack roll= 14+6= 20, hit; Damage roll= 2+6= 8]

Seeing their companions cut down so easily makes the rest of the goblins hesitate. They look at each other. A voice screams out of the darkness. "
Fight, you scum! Attack!
"

The warforged, seeing an opportunity to scatter the shaken goblins, charges into their midst. It swats aside the half-hearted blow of one goblin and procedes to spill its entrails. [Attack roll= 13+5= 18, hit; Damage roll= 4+2= 6] Two others are within five feet.

You all feel a tremor in the ground and hear coming from the other side of the hill, a large crack, as of something snapping.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads